Smyrna TN Freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnrubicon

Two questions. First I have a Uniden BCD396XT programmed with Freescan through RR.I hear Smyrna PD/FD. But why do I hear and see PD going down the road but never hear anything on scanner. I'm only monitoring just Smyrna, so I'm not overloading my scanner and just missing it. So this leads to my second question. If you go to FCC ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQCL929 - SMYRNA, TOWN OF - Frequencies Summary it lists the same five freqs as RR db, but there are ten more freqs listed. What are they? I just don't want to miss anything. Help greatly Appreciated!

kc9cra

Those are duplicates of the input frequencies. I can't help you with the stuff about local pd on the road with no scanner traffic. Really, there's many different situation-specific circumstances that could affect that, but the license has to show an entry for everyfixed base frequency and every mobile frequency. If a freq has both mobile units and fixed stations using it, it must be listed twice. The input can come in handy, because if you are close to an incident, you can listen to them instead of using the trunk feature. There's no real need for it unless your trunking is messed up, but you can calculate them from the output freqs. ON trunked systems in the 800's, the input is 45 mhz below the output. I've never seen it done differently. Systems in the 900's have inputs exactly 40 mhz below the outputs. This puts them in the 890's, just outside of the cellular output band 869-894.

tnrubicon

Thanks kc9cra that helps. As I don't understand all the information on the FCC pages. But heck I've been messing with scanner for right at a year now and still haven't figured it all out. I also figured there were too many variables to say why I wasn't hearing. Thanks again Oh off topic I miss being a Hoosier, I'm from Marion

kc9cra

No problem. I have always thought that's part of it, finding out how it works. Since it evolves, there's always something new to learn about. Of course, I listen to everything. I don't just listen to the cops and firefighters. I listen to businesses, military if I can get it. I'm still stumped as to what I heard on a federal freq about a month ago, but yeah, I roomed with a guy from Marion when I was in Washington D.C.

I'm in the NFB, that's the national federation of the blind, and we went to lobby for some legislation. Me and this other guy shared a room, and I wish I could remember his name. He lived in Indie at the time, but he was from Marion. He was blind also. Sorry for the off-topic discussion. I just thought that would be interesting.

cowand

Were you able to follow the Smyrna system? I'm using a 396xt with no luck. Working a side job here today & can't get it to receive.

tnrubicon

Smyrna freqs

Yes I did get it to work. Actually I had it working all along. With the way I described in my first post. I have found Smyrna for the most part to not be very active. Also I still have on occasion where I see PD with lights/sirens and never here anything on the scanner

stewart00311

I have been following this system since 01 and use a 396t and have not had any problems. If they are dispatched coded correctly they will run emergency, but they will not say so. Just listen more and you will get more detail the rr dbase is correct also my file is on the yahoo group for all to use

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Were you able to follow the Smyrna system? I'm using a 396xt with no luck. Working a side job here today & can't get it to receive.

Smyrna requires a custom table to get it to trunk properly since it was rebanded. Unfortunately it's not plug n play.

Band Plan 1:
Base Freq (lower) = 851.025
Base Freq (upper) = 854.0
Offset = 440 (+ polarity)
Spacing = 25.00khz

Band Plan 2:
Base Freq (lower) = 851.0125
Base Freq (upper) = 868.9875
Offset = 0 (+ polarity)
Spacing = 25.00khz

Plus of course plug in your CC channels only. Your 396XT should now follow.

Last edited:

SDavis90

I used to just put in the control channel. Now I put in all the frequencies.

The reason I do is because I found the third control channel listed on the database the hard way. I woke up one morning to dead silence, the system was dead, and finally discovered the CC had changed. Of course I don't know if they are still using 3, but they were.

So now I just put in all the freqs on any given system for that reason. Just in case some radio technician decides to make a CC change I will have it, and won't be caught off guard. May not be neccessary, but it doesn't hurt either.

cpsTN

Yes I did get it to work. Actually I had it working all along. With the way I described in my first post. I have found Smyrna for the most part to not be very active. Also I still have on occasion where I see PD with lights/sirens and never here anything on the scanner

I live just outside Smyrna, near Baker Rd, and I can tell you that Smyrna is NOT very active, even if there is something going on. Yesterday, there was a fugitive on the loose in my general neighborhood. Both Smyrna and RCSO (Rutherford Sheriff) were on the scene not even a mile away and nearly all the scanner activity was from the RCSO freqs. Most of my Smyrna activity is the Fire service, not the Police. By the way, along with the trunked freqs, Smyrna Fire broadcasts on the analog freq of 452.15 MHz.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Might want to check your talkgroups. I traverse Smyrna from time to time and hear Police frequently. They are concise and don't chatter but there is traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.