SNACC Site 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikinjohn

The database is showing a new SNACC site 12. What's interesting is that the control frequency for 12 is the same as listed for SNACC 1 LV (Along with others). Also when I listen to the control channel on LV 1 (Today it's 854.7125) it's showing:

Site 1 LV - SID: 4A36h-0012
Site 6 Goodsprings - SID: 4A36h-0006

My thought is that Site 1 was re-named site 12, but there are people out there that know quite a bit more about this than I do so I might be wrong.

Vegas_Eric

The database is showing a new SNACC site 12. What's interesting is that the control frequency for 12 is the same as listed for SNACC 1 LV (Along with others). Also when I listen to the control channel on LV 1 (Today it's 854.7125) it's showing:

Site 1 LV - SID: 4A36h-0012
Site 6 Goodsprings - SID: 4A36h-0006

My thought is that Site 1 was re-named site 12, but there are people out there that know quite a bit more about this than I do so I might be wrong.

Hello John,

How are you listening to the control channel to get it to display that information? I am using a Uniden BC346XT and one of the easiest ways I can get it to do that is to just press HOLD when it's not locked on to an active talkgroup. Then it holds on the control channel which then comes blaring out the speaker and starts displaying site info. There is another way to do this as well, but that seems to be the quickest and easiest way for me.

Eric

Dick33

Here is how SNACC was laid out but they are in the process of upgrading the system to digital. Most everything is as below but changes are being made so sometimes things are not.

site 1 Arden peak (Las Vegas simulcast prime site) simulcast sites RIO hotel, Red mountain, RJC building.
site 2 Apex mountain
site 3 Angels mountain
site 4 Big Horn (NV energy plant stateline)
site 5 SNWA (Lake Mead)
site 6 Potosi mountain
site 7 Beacon Hill (Glendale NV)
site 8 Spirit mountain (Laughlin NV)
site 9 Oatman mountain (AZ)
site 10 Hacienda hotel (BC NV)
site 11 Lake Las Vegas (Henderson NV)
site 12 Suncoast hotel (North Las Vegas simulcast prime site) simulcast sites Brooks Street NLV maintenance yard, Gun range north Decatur Blvd.

Sites 1-12 are Clark county sites SNACC 800mhz
Sites 13-19 are Nye county sites VHF

site 13 Amargosa (NV)
site 14 Montezuma (NV)
site 15 Sawtooth (NV)
site 16 Brock (NV)
site 17 PVFR station #2 (Pahrump simulcast prime site) simulcast sites PVFR station #3 South site
site 18 Smokey Valley (NV)
site 19 Warm Springs (NV)

Last edited:

bikinjohn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have the same scanner and I also used the "hold" method to find the control channel name.

oso702

Hi Dick33:

I'm working with the Pro-97 (a little outdated I know), and getting back into my scanner again. Will site 12 be the best bet for NLVPD or is there something you can recommend?

Dick33

Site 12 simulcast location at the Gun range is offline new simulcast site located at L.V.V.W.D. Pumiping station W. Elk Horn Rd. @ Shaumber Rd.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
snacc going digital

When is the digital buildout suppose to be done and is there a plan to encrypt fire and ems?
Will there still be simulcasting?

Also, can one hear the nye county system from Las vegas

djgrooven

Here is how SNACC was laid out but they are in the process of upgrading the system to digital. Most everything is as below but changes are being made so sometimes things are not.

site 1 Arden peak (Las Vegas simulcast prime site) simulcast sites RIO hotel, Red mountain, RJC building.
site 2 Apex mountain
site 3 Angels mountain
site 4 Big Horn (NV energy plant stateline)
site 5 SNWA (Lake Mead)
site 6 Potosi mountain
site 7 Beacon Hill (Glendale NV)
site 8 Spirit mountain (Laughlin NV)
site 9 Oatman mountain (AZ)
site 10 Hacienda hotel (BC NV)
site 11 Lake Las Vegas (Henderson NV)
site 12 Suncoast hotel (North Las Vegas simulcast prime site) simulcast sites Brooks Street NLV maintenance yard, Gun range north Decatur Blvd.

Sites 1-12 are Clark county sites SNACC 800mhz
Sites 13-19 are Nye county sites VHF

site 13 Amargosa (NV)
site 14 Montezuma (NV)
site 15 Sawtooth (NV)
site 16 Brock (NV)
site 17 PVFR station #2 (Pahrump simulcast prime site) simulcast sites PVFR station #3 South site
site 18 Smokey Valley (NV)
site 19 Warm Springs (NV)

So what would be the best site to monitor LV fire, NLV PD AND Clark CO. FIRE? I went to Vegas last week and I has site 1 simulcast programmed and didnt hear anything but periodical squelch..

Costanza454

Site 12

Site 1 is no longer on the air.
Site 12 is Brooks(Prime Site), Arden Peak, Red Mtn. Suncoast Hotel, Water Plant on Schaumber, Rio Hotel, and RJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.