Snippets of Fulton County traffic (?) on Dekalb County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicanthrope

Bit of a curious one...

I'm running SDRTrunk, set up primarily on the DeKalb P25 system, based on the information downloaded from the Radio Reference database through the program. I've got it set to record traffic on all talkgroups that aren't already listed. I've been coming through the results and found a couple of results that don't really make sense on the surface. I got one hit on 53001 which was somewhat garbled, but I was able to make out "...in service at John's Creek High School." Whomever is using that talkgroup, they're apparently in Fulton County. 54001 also pops up a few times with some sort of fire and/or medic traffic, also with a couple of Fulton County addresses - one in South Fulton, and one in College Park. (On the RR listing for Fulton County, 54001 is listed as the county fire / EMS dispatch TG.)

I have tuned into the Fulton County system a couple of times, but I usually just leave it parked on the Dekalb system. SDRTrunk saves the audio files with a timestamp that makes it appear that it at least thinks that it was scanning Dekalb (e.g. 20210428_232006DeKalb_County_Public_Safety_P25_DeKalb_TRAFFIC__TO_54001_FROM_5109) at the time.

Is there some sort of patch system between the two TRS systems that I'm stumbling across, or is SDRTrunk doing something weird? Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

n3pi

Unless it has changed, 53001 is FCSO Dispatch and 54001 is FCFD Dispatch. As far as my notes, nothing in the region has TGID 5401. Patching is always a possibility but not on a permanent basis.

My information may be old, it has been a while since I have monitored them.

Hope this helps.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
No patching between Fulton core and DeKalb other than regional UASI talk groups. There are ISSI talkgroups between Fulton, Cobb core and North Fulton. The talkgroups are dynamically assigned by the hosting zone controller and may change from day to day. (they don't on the subscriber radios as subscribers don't know/care what actual TGID they are actually on)

There was some manual patching between Atlanta PD MA/1 and Fulton PD M/A1 via an ICRI during last Thursday's prisoner escape, but that was for a short duration and done on site with subscriber radios not ISSI or console patching.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
What N3PI said is correct re: primary dispatch talkgroups. 53001 does get patched with Animal Services, MO main, and many agencies share a dispatcher during B shift due to call volume/staffing needs. 54001 is fire main and also Grady units responding to calls in South Fulton and the south cities, the Grady units are the 8xxx series, and are also dispatched via MCT/Freedom (mobile CAD application).

leicanthrope

The only talkgroup that I've written down on 54001 was 72xx, for what it's worth. I've caught a few other talkgroups that have the same number as known Fulton talkgroups (but haven't copied any geographic clues yet), as well as a number of new ones, and a couple that are new and definitely being used in Dekalb.

I'm beginning to suspect that the program is occasionally getting bad directions from the control channel, and landing on the wrong frequency. I'll go bug the dedicated SDR crowd for info about that possibility.

Thanks guys!

DanRollman

Database Admin
I'm beginning to suspect that the program is occasionally getting bad directions from the control channel, and landing on the wrong frequency. I'll go bug the dedicated SDR crowd for info about that possibility.

Thanks guys!

I am almost certain it is that. I keep a fairly close eye on the DeKalb system and have never seen what you are seeing.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Why does Fulton co. Police even exist anymore? About all they have left to patrol that isn't incorporated is Fulton industrial.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Why does Fulton co. Police even exist anymore? About all they have left to patrol that isn't incorporated is Fulton industrial.
They have the 41/43 beat from Charlie Brown down to Camp Creek. They also patrol all county buildings and provide security at the Government Center and North Annex Service Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.