SNOCOM ERT/SWAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryfan_ray

Hi, Everett just went on their ERT Channel, and it is encrypted, is it possible to monitor that with a Motorola MTS2K, I believe their on SCSO ERT, and all I hear is a squelch sound, like a P25 channel on a non P25 radio

RBMTS

You can’t monitor an encrypted channel with anything. The only exception would be if you had an actual authorized subscriber radio.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
So like an APX

No, not just an APX.

You'd need an APX, or other compatible radio, plus all the proper programming, including system key, and you would need the encryption key(s).

No, they are not going to give you system keys or encryption keys. That would be a career ending move for the tech that did that. Encryption keys are closely guarded and are not given out. Where I work, there are exactly 2 people that have access to encryption keys. Me and the guy I trained to back me up. We give those encryption keys out to no one, ever. They get programmed into the radio by me (or my co worker) and that is it.

If they went encryption, and you are not a member of that department, there is precisely ZERO chance of you getting access to their stuff, short of stealing one of their radios. And if a radio went missing, they'd push new encryption keys out to all the radios except the one that went missing.

k9dkc

No, not just an APX.

You'd need an APX, or other compatible radio, plus all the proper programming, including system key, and you would need the encryption key(s).

No, they are not going to give you system keys or encryption keys. That would be a career ending move for the tech that did that. Encryption keys are closely guarded and are not given out. Where I work, there are exactly 2 people that have access to encryption keys. Me and the guy I trained to back me up. We give those encryption keys out to no one, ever. They get programmed into the radio by me (or my co worker) and that is it.

If they went encryption, and you are not a member of that department, there is precisely ZERO chance of you getting access to their stuff, short of stealing one of their radios. And if a radio went missing, they'd push new encryption keys out to all the radios except the one that went missing.
I know our encryption key. I’ve taken a non affiliate scan inserted the key and bam. if you know what your doing...it can be done ONLY if you know the key. How do I know? I program our agencies radios.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I know our encryption key. I’ve taken a non affiliate scan inserted the key and bam. if you know what your doing...it can be done ONLY if you know the key. How do I know? I program our agencies radios.

I don't doubt it, that's the way it should work.

But getting the encryption key is the challenge. You have access to yours, I have access to mine, and I'll be you a dollar that neither one of us is going to risk our job by giving them out to anyone who shouldn't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.