Snohomish Co and King Co trunk systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

articthunder

Premium Subscriber
I use programming software (ARC XT) to set up my Uniden BCT15X. I have set up 4 different sites to scan, one is Snohomish County SERS and the other is a King Co site. The King Co site I chose is Seattle Simulcast. Through the ARC XT I was able to pick out just a couple of cities in King Co that I wanted to listen to. For some reason or another I have not heard anything from the King Co site. My other 2 sites in Snohomish Co and WSP seems to be working fine. Any suggestions or ideas?

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
try different sites for king, I know that info is in the database works, as I just drove through that area.With a HP-1 useing GPS hookup.

RBMTS

No departments are slaved to any individual site. It depends on who (or what department) is affiliated into what system. So depending on who or what you want to listen to is really going to be what zone or system they are using. It all comes down to affiliation. So whatever cities you are listening to might not be affiliated into the Seattle system. You might have to program in ESCPA. I suggest you read up on how a "SmartZone" system operates and that might help clear up some questions you have.

articthunder

Premium Subscriber
I am using EPSCA site for Bothell and Lake Forest Park. I am also using EPSCA for Kirkland. I have tried the main Seattle site and the Apple Cove sites with the same Talk Groups with no success. One other question, is it true on the BCT15X that all you have to put in for Freqs are the control channels? I have tried the control channels for ESPCA and also put in the control channels for the simulcast ESPCA site. Still nothing.

articthunder

Premium Subscriber
I thought all was well, I ended up programming 4 different sites with Bothell, Kirkland and Lake Forest Park PD as talk groups. The best site was ESPCA simulcast, but I have been unable to hear Lake Forest Park PD. Bothell and Kirkland seem to work ok but nothing from Lake Forest Park. Any of you have any hints on how to listen to Lake Forest Park PD?

thanks

RBMTS

Last I knew, LFPPD was being dispatched by Bothell. So listen up on Bothell's dispatch TG.

RBMTS

Technically yes. Bothell PD dispatches LFPPD. They don't dispatch themselves on that TG. They have a particular identifier for the LFPPD. I believe it is "Lincoln" units. So in order to listen to LFPPD you'll need to also listen to all of the Bothell radio traffic as well. Since this area is closer to Ken, maybe he can chime in as he will be more knowledgeable about that area.

It is similar to Redmond / Duvall / Carnation. Duvall / Carnation units are dispatched by Redmond PD on the same TG. Their radio identifier is "David" units.

Hope this helps you.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Technically yes. Bothell PD dispatches LFPPD. They don't dispatch themselves on that TG. They have a particular identifier for the LFPPD. I believe it is "Lincoln" units. So in order to listen to LFPPD you'll need to also listen to all of the Bothell radio traffic as well. Since this area is closer to Ken, maybe he can chime in as he will be more knowledgeable about that area.

It is similar to Redmond / Duvall / Carnation. Duvall / Carnation units are dispatched by Redmond PD on the same TG. Their radio identifier is "David" units.

Hope this helps you.
I to far north to get King County very good on my scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.