Snohomish County and Marysville Law Enforcement P25 roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVTubeScanner

Feed Provider
Where is all of this info driven from, Just a qustion

Where I get my info is from the SNO911 board meetings/board packets Snohomish County 911-Board Meeting Agendas/Minutes.

This info is from the board packet from the 4-15-2021 meeting:

"All law radios will be capable of encryption, and all law talkgroups will be encrypted in the updated programming templates that will be updated post-cutover to the P25 system." -Page 43

"All fire radios will be capable of encryption, and can be encrypted in the updated programming templates that will be updated post-cutover to the P25 system if desired. Current plans for fire encryption are to only ensure monitoring of encrypted law talkgroups upon transition to the P25 system." - Page 57

Other info I got from meeting the cutover the new P25 Radio system is planned for the end of 2023. Tulalip Tribal PD is expected to accept a contract for joining the 800 MHz Radio System. Then it will go back to the Sno911 board for them to approve. Then it goes Emergency Communication Systems Advisory board for them to approve since it is part of the Radio Replacement Project. They could be on the 800MHz system before the end of this year. TTPD will have their own talk groups. Lastly Pulse Point is coming to Snohomish County, the target go live date is June 15, 2021 for anyone interested.

superfreak

Ya'll still gonna do media radios like you used to?

Undecided... I cannot see us providing the radios... we would likely insist that they be ASK locked, probably programmed OTAP/WiFI and in our RM server... Someone would need a AES capable, P25 P2, OTAP/OTAR, Enhanced data radio....

I am pushing for a delayed feed audio stream...

superfreak

Stupid Question: Is encryption only digital, or can it be analog, and this new system will be digital encrypted right?

Encryption can be both analog or digital... BUT there is current;y digital (non P25 Motorola Digital) encrypted on the current system. The new system will be P25 P2 compliant and will obviously digital and law will be encrypted.

I believe we also have some simplex encrypted now and in the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.