Snohomish County CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryfan_ray

Hi, I was wondering if there is a CAD software that can be downloaded specifically for Snohomish County and monitor only.

K4EET

Chaplain
Snohomish County in Washington State? Full blown Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software? What on earth would you need something like that for? Or are you wanting to tap into their CAD system?

ferryfan_ray

Snohomish County in Washington State? Full blown Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) software? What on earth would you need something like that for? Or are you wanting to tap into their CAD system?
Yes, Wa state Snohomish County, and I just want to tap into their fire system. Possibly Police.

ferryfan_ray

What you need is this:

I like that site, but looking for software for my Panasonic toughbook so I can put it to more use than just programming radios

K4EET

Chaplain
I like that site, but looking for software for my Panasonic toughbook so I can put it to more use than just programming radios
If you have a scanner like the Uniden SDS200, Uniden BCD536HP, etc.; download ProScan for a free 30-day trial and check out some of the features that it has for monitoring, recording, displaying unit IDs, etc. on a laptop. ProScan is quite powerful and may do what you are looking for.

ferryfan_ray

If you have a scanner like the Uniden SDS200, Uniden BCD536HP, etc.; download ProScan for a free 30-day trial and check out some of the features that it has for monitoring, recording, displaying unit IDs, etc. on a laptop. ProScan is quite powerful and may do what you are looking for.

Im sorry, but I have a MTS2K

K4EET

Chaplain
Well... I doubt if you will ever be able to simply "tap in" to the Snohomish County CAD System. I feel reasonably certain that they have taken great measures to make sure that nobody would ever be able to do that. Sooooooo... I am out of ideas for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Are you looking for something similar to this CHP Traffic
It doesn't work like that unless the agency puts up a webpage

Decades ago, I'm talking 20-30-35 years ago you could use software to decode MDT over the air, computer terminals in patrol cars, when everything was plain ASCII text, now everything is encrypted by law and mostly over cellular or a part of the radio systems data network

ferryfan_ray

Are you looking for something similar to this CHP Traffic
It doesn't work like that unless the agency puts up a webpage

Decades ago, I'm talking 20-30-35 years ago you could use software to decode MDT over the air, computer terminals in patrol cars, when everything was plain ASCII text, now everything is encrypted by law and mostly over cellular or a part of the radio systems data network
So I am actually supposed to be looking for a MDT/MDC, well not supposed to be

PACNWDude

What you get over the radio network, if you can listen is "on your screen" being said by a dispatcher, as the data link is not over the standard radio net, and data is, as others have stated over cellular link to the mobile data terminal. Most of Washington State is old school trunked Motorola (MTS/MCS2000), and upgrades are a constant work in progress. Oregon is similar, but many departments are limping along with older Icom based radio systems, until you get closer to Portland, with Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, and P25 systems.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
CAD systems are generally closed networks, either over a VPN tunnel or on a separate physical network. The CAD system I implemented is a proprietary system with a "walled off" mobile access requiring 2FA and VPN to access. It isn't intended nor capable of being able to allow just anyone on the network and for good reason. I would caution to the O/P that unless you are on an agency roster, attempting to access any government computer network won't end well.

As pointed out some agencies do portal their CAD dispatch data to web pages and third party apps, but only the public data on run type/nature code and location. Info such as caller names, involved vehicles, etc is usually filtered out. On the system I implemented, the software includes a Police 2 Citizen module which allows for citizens to request vacation patrols, report nuisance animals, and other non-critical stuff and the form would then spawn a call and send it directly to the dispatcher and connected MCTs. Citizens can also look at basic crime stats and request copies of accident/incident reports. But none of this requires downloading any software nor does it give anyone outside access to the system.

I really have to question why someone wants an MCT who isn't part of an agency. The optics aren't good on this....

Status
Not open for further replies.