Snohomish County Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
So how Meany people in this forum are using their scanners for stuff in Snohomish, I my self use mine to listen Everett PD, Snohomish Sheriff and most police stuff in the north end of Snohomish, Skagit and Island county my scanners are the pro-96,97 and the 2051 I have more but use these ones the most. So what type of scanner are you using are who are you using your scanners to receive.

Last edited:

blake23

Hey lowboy,

I live in the Edmonds area and I listen to the Sno County system. I listen to SNOPAC police and fire as well as SNOCOMM police and fire on the West Simulcast site. I pick up the East Simulcast site only when travelling around Everett, Lynnwood areas. I use a BC780 now but will be getting a BCD996 in July.

Richard

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
The East simulcast has just been up and running for a few weeks now, and I could not be happier, I live up in Stanwood and the Sheriff stuff did not come in that clear on there vhf FREQS. but now that they are using the 800mhz stuff some what, it is nice and clear, i don't believe that they used the car to repeaters like the WSP do so most of the voice stuff was not that clear.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
blake23 said:
Hey lowboy,

I live in the Edmonds area and I listen to the Sno County system. I listen to SNOPAC police and fire as well as SNOCOMM police and fire on the West Simulcast site. I pick up the East Simulcast site only when travelling around Everett, Lynnwood areas. I use a BC780 now but will be getting a BCD996 in July.

Richard
Thanks for the only reply Blake I guess its just you and me.

blake23

No problem lowboy, just as another note, I picked Sno County SO East Dispatch today. The East simulcast is still scratchy from Lynnwood area, but at least if I travel north I will be able to pick it up better. Can't wait to get my BCD996:D , should have it by the end of July. With all of its features it will be a lot easier to scan all the trunking systems in Washington and elsewhere.

Have a good one

Richard

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
Snohomish

lowboy654 said:
So how Meany people in this forum are using their scanners for stuff in Snohomish, I my self use mine to listen Everett PD, Snohomish Sheriff and most police stuff in the north end of Snohomish, Skagit and Island county my scanners are the pro-96,97 and the 2051 I have more but use these ones the most. So what type of scanner are you using are who are you using your scanners to receive.

I live up in the Lake Stevens area and listen to stuff in Lake Stevens marysville and Eveerett and all over I like listening to the FRS stuff and I have heard some good stuff ..

Also I think the tulip tribe might have a trunk system going on the res I was checking the FCC data-base and the freqs that where pending seem to be aproved i THINK IT IS A ltr SYSTEM but I have not had much luck with it

SCPD

QRT
Blake,

FYI, I have a 780xlt I use for my base scanner, and I also bought a 396T. I love the 396T for portability and some of the new features, but I sure like the simpler controls of the 780xlt.

The new dynamic memory system takes getting use to, and after a few months, I still find myself scratching my head on why people think it's so much better.

The 780xlt is, IMO, very simple to use and easy to program. The 396T is by far more complicated -- and I don't think they had to do it this way.

Just my .02

-Nick

blake23

nickcarr,

I am mainly getting the BCD996 for the digital capabilities as well as the dynamic memory;) . I figured I am in for a lot of frustration but with programs like ARC996 I figure it will be a little less aggravating...I agree with you though the 780 is a dream to use, not sure if i will give it up so easily to finance my BCD996 purchase.

Richard

Everettmc

Snohomish County 800meg Trunking

Hi all

Don't confused by vhf test patching on the Snohomish County North and East (30 day bug free testing is whats going on at this time). Phase II as far as I know has not yet been implmented and will likely not be until late this summer or sometime this fall once all the testing is completed. Until then you may here test paching and Fire Dept drills, some of the fire districts have the 800meg radios in rigs and use them for drills on SNOPAC North and East tac's. One insting talk group I picked up on Snohomish County North was Marsville Pd talk group 9616 which may be a true 800meg transmission most if not all the rest is test patching. One other intersting devlopment that I heard recently thru the grape vine is that Marsville PD and Fire despach is apperenty being taken over by SNOPAC and Snohomish County Sheriff Dispatch sometime drown road in not to distant futue.
Everettmc

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Everettmc said:
Hi all

Don't confused by vhf test patching on the Snohomish County North and East (30 day bug free testing is whats going on at this time). Phase II as far as I know has not yet been implmented and will likely not be until late this summer or sometime this fall once all the testing is completed. Until then you may here test paching and Fire Dept drills, some of the fire districts have the 800meg radios in rigs and use them for drills on SNOPAC North and East tac's. One insting talk group I picked up on Snohomish County North was Marsville Pd talk group 9616 which may be a true 800meg transmission most if not all the rest is test patching. One other intersting devlopment that I heard recently thru the grape vine is that Marsville PD and Fire despach is apperenty being taken over by SNOPAC and Snohomish County Sheriff Dispatch sometime drown road in not to distant futue.
Everettmc

The north and east end is up and running, Marysville pd uses the south and has for a while, and at this time the above are still using VHF they broadcast on both and as far as marysville being taken over by SNOPAC that is a fact the the Everett Harold had a story about, here is the link.

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/06/06/27/100loc_b1911001.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.