snow birds comming to sarnia june 2 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3JSO

found out the the snowbirds is comming to sarnia on june 2 at canatara park beach and i was wondering if these freq is the right ones for the snow birds

mciupa

Database Admin
Also use 272.1000 if your scanner has the MilAir range.

moonbounce

Get a a copy of this months Monitoring Times, this is you best resource for all air shows and frequencies that will be used including the Snow Birds. There is a couple of frequencies I sent to the magazine that are published, these are confirmed frequencies like 116 Mhz and 333.3 and 290.425 Mhz, 123.000 for Sarnia unicom. Also punch in:
242.6 used by the SB while performing
272.1 heard the SB on the way to the air show ( St Thomas 2009 )
225.7 used to hand off the SB from 135.625 ( Toronto Center )

Please report your findings after the show.

The Monday following the show I heard the SB a lot on 333.3 very intersesting listening.

116.000 was used during the show for inter plane comms. like for regrouping after a manouver.

Good luck.
Moonbounce

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What's happening there on June 2? Sort of odd to be doing a show on a Wednesday.

I wish they would bring the airshow back to London... haven't seen a good one in a while!

gwtc199

What's happening there on June 2? Sort of odd to be doing a show on a Wednesday.

I wish they would bring the airshow back to London... haven't seen a good one in a while!

What, affaid to go to St. Thomas and see that show!:wink: Its a pretty good show for the size of the airport. Another good show is Windsor's, and its on this year, Unlike St Thomas. And if you can cross the border, Selfridge Show is doable.

But I have to agree with you London had a great show, but it'll never be as good as it was in the mid '80s when it was a true International Show.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
To be honest I haven't given the St. Thomas one a fair shake... Perhaps I will check it out this year. Selfridge is one I definitely want to see but unfortunately they do it alternating years, so I'll hafta wait till 2011 for that one.

VE3JSO

not sure but they have an airshow to go to in borden on the 5-6 here is the article on our radio station's web site

Snowbirds Coming To Sarnia

Pending city approval, the world famous Snowbirds will be in Sarnia June second! Dennis Ryan at Huron Flight Centre says he applied to have the aerobatics team in October and received word in December that Sarnia would be included on the summer tour. Thanks to a couple of sponsors, the show can proceed. The Snowbirds will perform just off the beach at Sarnia's Canatara Park and admission will be free of charge.

gwtc199

To be honest I haven't given the St. Thomas one a fair shake... Perhaps I will check it out this year. Selfridge is one I definitely want to see but unfortunately they do it alternating years, so I'll hafta wait till 2011 for that one.

For St Thomas they had a C-17 land and backup on their small runway, that was cool.

I think St Thomas is also every other year, Its on the same years as Selfridge. I've been going to Selfridge since '99, its a great show, It includes every branch of the military including Army vehicles if you like that sort of thing.
The biggest difference is all of the parking attendants carry MP5's and M16's (don't want to make a wrong turn!!:D).

Windsor was a good show last year, for it being the first, its on again this August. And there is also Red Bull too, they have some military acts during the intermissions.

Lexxx

Snowbirds will be in Waterloo as well for their airshow June 19 and 20. Practice day is the 18th for the other acts, but not sure if the Snowbirds will be in for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.