Snow in Dallas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaLa

Did you guys have fun up there in the Snow?

It just missed us here in Temple and Waco (where I work).
We had some snow on the cars there, but nothing at all at home.

SCPD

QRT
Did you guys have fun up there in the Snow?

It just missed us here in Temple and Waco (where I work).
We had some snow on the cars there, but nothing at all at home.

Sure, if you didn't have to drive in it. We were hearing late Thursday, Parts of Waco were getting a dusting.

Last edited:

BaLa

I guess that's where it started (going N on 35), in Waco.

At work I'm technically in Woodway, just south of Waco.

We were supposed to get 1/4 to 1/2 inch, but luckily that fell through.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Snowed nearly 24 hours straight here in north Arlington. We got about 9 to 10 inches. Unbelievable, couldn't shovel the snow out of the driveway; don't own a snow shovel!!! Finally ventured out with the dog at 3:30am after the snow stopped. Tree limbs were breaking off all over the neighborhood. One nearly missed a neighbor's van parked in the driveway. Saw another fall right into the street in front of us. Also found two unfortunate neighbors who had broken tree limbs on their roofs. Luckily, ONCOR contracted with a tree trimming company last summer to remove tree limbs around the neighborhood power lines. We were lucky and never lost power because of arching wires or limbs down on wires. Also lucky for us is that the temps have stayed high enough the roads have not frozen over. A storm I will never forget!

Attachments

• burneyroad.jpg
    burneyroad.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 265
  • stuck-burneyroad.jpg
    stuck-burneyroad.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 270
  • snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 276

baj76

Uniden fanboy
It's Global warming fellars.....Al Gore said our children are doomed!!!! LOL

SCPD

QRT
I felt like a Yankee when I went out to shovel snow off my car ... I been Texified too long so I had to use someones for sale sign on the side of the road to shovel my car and walkway to my car. I mean we got shovels for digging graves in Texas but not for snow. I really got excited when I saw a TXDOT sand truck going down the road with a Snow plow blade on it. I'd have taken a pic but I expelled my batteries on Facebook photos previously. Were supposed to get more this and next week too ..... Might be time to invest in a 'imported' snow shovel ...

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
If this Global Warming persists, I'm gonna have to purchase a snow shovel and a chain saw!!! Many of my neighbors have large tree limbs down. They are lying in their front yards. Most folks in these parts don't own chain saws, so it will be interesting to see how long the tree limbs remain in those yards before Code Enforcement starts making the rounds! You would think that someone who is out of work and owns a chain saw and pickup truck would make the rounds, offering to cut up those limbs for a reasonable fee, haul off the firewood and sell it. Naah, that's too much work!

mancow

Database Admin
I drove through it and wow people in that area are obviously not used to it. The roads weren't much of a concern but the drivers definitely were.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
There were hundereds of accidents in the DFW area because people simply don't have enough sense to slow down. Inclement weather driving is not taught at Wal-Mart driving school around here! The roads were slushy, but not frozen. For instance the knucklehead in the picture above who slipped into the ditch. He was obviously driving too fast for the conditions. The road was slushy like I said, but not frozen. Even my dog was looking at the car dumbfoundly and shaking her head when I stopped to take the picture!!!

SCPD

QRT
For instance the knucklehead in the picture above who slipped into the ditch. He was obviously driving too fast for the conditions. The road was slushy like I said, but not frozen. Even my dog was looking at the car dumbfoundly and shaking her head when I stopped to take the picture!!!

I Really like that picture of that knucklehead. I can't think of better justice for a Dodge. (That looks like an Intrepid)

Weather folks are forecasting another 2 to 4 inches for us on Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.