Snow in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I just wondering how many people today saw snow on the ground? In St Augustine I didn't see none but heard it did around 5 but didn't last long. I see Palm Coast and Orlando got some.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
yeah i was watching the radar last night, kinda sucked to see the snow soo close :eek: I wish it would have gone a bit more north :)

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Martin & St. Lucie counties claimed that they had snow flurries.
Nothing here in Boca Raton, but it sure is cold out there.

ecps92

Just a little "Global Warming Gift" from those of us in the NorthEast :twisted:

I just wondering how many people today saw snow on the ground? In St Augustine I didn't see none but heard it did around 5 but didn't last long. I see Palm Coast and Orlando got some.

mr_tunz

Well we have so much of it in Nebraska we had to ship it somewhere. Ill have to get some drift pics and post them. Very impressive.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I don't don't have a furnace in my house... just some heat coils in my AC unit. Kind of like a little toaster. It doesn't work very well when it gets this cold! :)

kenwoodman

I live in Jasper and seen snow in the back of a truck. I was taking up money for my Vol. Fire Dept. and a man at the gas station where I was at, came up with snow in the back of his truck. First time I ever seen snow.

gatorhater

I recall seeing snowfall in south Broward way back when in January 1977. Yes it does happen in Florida, just not very often. In 1977 I was in second grade and I'll never forget it.

CanesFan95

Brrrrr!!

No doubt, this has been one of the coldest weeks in Florida I can remember. I snapped a couple shots of the car that got slightly iced-in a couple mornings ago. :confused: :D

img0656k.jpg

img0657h.jpg

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Snow in South Florida

When they say it snowed in South Florida that could be misleading.
1977 was the first time in history that it "snowed" in South Florida.
This was the second.
Snowing in South Florida means ice came down. It does not mean any stayed on the ground.
Most of the time it melts before it hits the ground.

When I was in College in 1973 and it got down to 19 degrees, that's when it really snowed and stuck in Tallahassee.

I recall seeing snowfall in south Broward way back when in January 1977. Yes it does happen in Florida, just not very often. In 1977 I was in second grade and I'll never forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.