Snow Oh Noes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm thankful that I didn't lose power. It had been going off and on all night last night. A couple of big pine tree branches had fell close to the house. Almost reminded me of the ice storm a couple years back.

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Just took the measuring tape outside and it shows between 18 and 19 inches. I also discovered a part of our maple tree has broken off and fell in the yard. Glad it missed the house!

Looks like ODO in Fayetteville got 6 more inches then I got.

Chad

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
If you have ProScan, I have two streams going. The 396XT is scanning analog WVSP and DoH. The 996T is scanning Berkeley Co. WVIRP.

Just heard someone with DoH say they measured 22"; unsure of location.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 480x800; XV6975; Window Mobile 6.5 Professional;)

its going to start getting bad now since earlier today the temp went above freezing for a few hours allowing the snow to melt. now the temp is dropping and what was melted is freezing. get ready for more stupid people out.

dwlyons

It sounds like that time has been reached Mike. 4 cars into the median in 15-20 minutes on I-81.

We ended up with over 2' in Glengary. Spent the day snow blowing to get to Rt 45 and one plowed lane. I don't believe the office shall see me tomorrow.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like that time has been reached Mike. 4 cars into the median in 15-20 minutes on I-81.

We ended up with over 2' in Glengary. Spent the day snow blowing to get to Rt 45 and one plowed lane. I don't believe the office shall see me tomorrow.

Yep, we're staying home tomorrow too. We paid a neighbor to blow the snow from the driveway. I didn't know you could get an attachment to raise the front up to use with gravel. He did pretty well. We used some ice melt stuff I bought 2 years ago to melt the little he left. Our road hasn't been touched.

People that live in places around where I work tend to not understand how bad some areas are around here compared to where they are. They don't understand we may live on a road that won't get touched for a few days. It all goes back to lack of money for our DoH. VDOT I think get a little more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.