Snow storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Just somewhere to post any interesting things you hear during the storm...

I've heard a Chesterfield Fire Engine going into a ditch, a Chesterfield Medic unit getting stuck, and a Dinwiddie Sheriff's Deputy wrecking (he was ok). Besides that just a ton of wrecks so far. Some slick spots on hills where cars are not making it up and sliding into the ditch (in Prince George on Rt. 10). I'm just sitting at home and relaxing, going to make a pot of chili tomorrow.

freqhopping

A Fairfax county ambulance is stuck in a ditch right now. Their patient died. The hospital and family have been asking why they haven't arrived to Fair Oaks yet.

In Loudoun there are crashes all over and several have been people hitting plow trucks.

resqpig

Here in the Roanoke area:

Two Roanoke City ambulances stuck going to a call on Nelms and one fire truck stuck going to the same call wedged up against a pole.

Multiple rescue calls waiting extended amount of times for responses in Roanoke City.

Many, many, many cars in ditches!

Folks in Botetourt Co. wanting deputies to teach them how to take care of their children in the middle of this mess!

screamineagle

Augusta County was saturated with wrecks last night, had to go to work, took Rt 11 to 81, cars everywhere in ditches, especially on I-81, went from mile marker 135 to mile marker 145 and counted 11 cars or trucks in the ditch. The dispatchers were swamped, but did a great job it relaying all the trouble spots, had all 12 of my scanners on just state police and Augusta County. going to be a really messy next couple of days... reminds me of my 26 yrs in Alaska!! now to break out the cross country ski's and go to the store for milk..

shumadine

There was a pretty massive house fire in East Richmond last night around 11:30. Flames were breaking through the roof and the fire dept. sent out a message to evacuate the house. It was reported that no one was living there so I hope that is the case. One of the fire trucks couldn't make it up Broad Street to even get to the scene.

And yes the Richmond/Henrico/Chesterfied site as posted above was the longest I've ever seen it.

SCPD

QRT
Send some of that snow to Va Beach! I think we are all tired of the rain. I got that call across my pager from Fire Net. Said it was two abandon houses.

Mark

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Had to go out last night to pick up my brother and sister from Richmond International. What normally takes 45 minutes took an hour and a half. I was listening mostly to the State Police and several troopers were stuck in various places. One said he was stuck with about 30 cars!

Then we saw a snow plow stuck on the side of 288, I mean not going anywhere. Must've been embarrassing.

Jonesym20

4.5 hours from Rio Rd on 29 north to Hollymead...beat That!!! (8pm - 12:30 am) 29 was basically a parking lot, finally albemarle county cops opened up south bound lanes to north bound traffic to actually move cars.

bobmintern

Toano, VA was busy last night. Responded to 19 incidents during the main blow of the storm, between 2100-0100. Mostly cars off the side of the road, into ditches and whatnot. One of the larger International Medic units became stuck on the side of the road, and it just so happened that it was the one I was in last night! Easy pull out though with a medium duty wrecker. No fires or serious injuries though.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Just took a drive from Norfolk up to the Colonial Downs raceway and back. Took 64 the whole way. Took about 2 hours each way, at times only driving at speeds of 20-30 mph. Probably seen about 25 vehicles in the ditches along the interstate, and a couple of which were over-turned. The wifey gave me my 396xt this morning for an early Christmas present,she figured I would get plenty of action this evening.
STARs was sounding really good out of Chesapeake, was hearing the Dispatches from VSP for most of the vehicles that were "ditched". Luckily my truck didnt end up in one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.