Snowbasin/Wolf Mtn./Powder Mtn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler1653

This was my first year getting a season pass to a ski resort (lousy year of all years to do it), and we opted for Snowbasin because of its proximity. I have tried for several trips to scan for their ski patrol frequencies, but so far I have only stumbled across Wolf Mountain's Ski Patrol, and Powder Mountain's Operations Control. I don't have my scanner with me, so I will post these frequencies in a little bit. Until then, does anyone else happen to have anything on Snowbasin? I can't find anything online either.

ww7y

I asked a co-worker who ski patrols for Snowbasin. He said they use a radio system with several channels, like patrol, operations, customer service, lift operators. I would guess it is a private TRS of some type. I would rule out UCAN. He said the antennas are somewhat long and they seem to have good coverage on the mountain. Anything listed in the FCC database?

tyler1653

Wolf Mountian Ski Patrol: 152.365 (and possibly some operations traffic)
Powder Mountain: 463.550 (Some ski patrol, but mostly transportation traffic)

I had no luck in the FCC database, but I don't even know if I was looking in the right place.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
463.55 is active daily in wnter and can be heard here on the "other side" in Cache Valley. BUT in one of the ironic reception vagaries, I did NOT hear it when I lived on the N Logan bench,but better when down on the Cache Valley floor!

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
Powder Mountain

I confirmed and added the Powder Mountain repeater a few years back. See Ski Resorts Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I look forward to adding more!

-Tim

Wolf Mountian Ski Patrol: 152.365 (and possibly some operations traffic)
Powder Mountain: 463.550 (Some ski patrol, but mostly transportation traffic)

I had no luck in the FCC database, but I don't even know if I was looking in the right place.

tyler1653

Spent about an hour at the resort today, and confirmed that there is some Snowbasin traffic on 158.400. There was not enough traffic to figure out what the channel is used for though.

tyler1653

Spent most of the day monday at the resort. Picked up no traffic on any of the frequencies in the FCC database. While standing next to an employee I heard ski patrol traffic on her radio whole I was listening on headphones, and I got nothing. I'll go back to scanning for new freqs...probably focus on 150.0 to 160.0? I would really like to be able to listen to ski patrol and avalanche contol, wish me luck!

tyler1653

I picked up definite snowbasin operations traffic on 462.6375. Shortly thereafter I stood next to a ski patrol guy and his radio was going crazy, but I didn't hear any of the traffic on any of the bands I was scanning, including 151.0-160.0 and 461.0-467.0. Frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.