Snowbirds and Italy's Frecce Tricolori performing flypasts

electronix_tech

Premium Subscriber
I managed to catch the radio traffic between Snowbird SNBD01 and the Italian pilot's plane today as they were flying over Ottawa. I was tracking SNBD01 on my PiAware and ADS-B Exchange. The Italian jet did not display on either PiAware or ADS-B Exchange. I recorded the audio and put it into Audacity to remove the long silences. Recorded on 128.175 MHz using an old Uniden BC 172XL analog scanner with a Larson NMO 150 magmount antenna on a pizza pan ground plane located in my living room with a mono Sony IC Recorder.

It's funny, I was in the process of programming a list of frequencies for the Snowbirds into my BCD396XT and thought I missed it and by chance caught it on my old 20 channel analog scanner.

I posted the mp3 to my google drive for downloading.

Link to the news article Snowbirds and Italy's Frecce Tricolori to perform flypasts over Ottawa-Gatineau today
CTV News Ottawa Story

RadioFreq

Premium Subscriber
I managed to catch the radio traffic between Snowbird SNBD01 and the Italian pilot's plane today as they were flying over Ottawa. I was tracking SNBD01 on my PiAware and ADS-B Exchange. The Italian jet did not display on either PiAware or ADS-B Exchange. I recorded the audio and put it into Audacity to remove the long silences. Recorded on 128.175 MHz using an old Uniden BC 172XL analog scanner with a Larson NMO 150 magmount antenna on a pizza pan ground plane located in my living room with a mono Sony IC Recorder.

It's funny, I was in the process of programming a list of frequencies for the Snowbirds into my BCD396XT and thought I missed it and by chance caught it on my old 20 channel analog scanner.

I posted the mp3 to my google drive for downloading.

Link to the news article Snowbirds and Italy's Frecce Tricolori to perform flypasts over Ottawa-Gatineau today
CTV News Ottawa Story
Nice catch! Good audio on the recording.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
IMG-20240721-WA0010.jpg

All flights were scrubbed on Saturday due to extreme levels of smoke. The only flights were by a CF-18 doing some IFR missed approaches on 31R and a CH-149 SAR helo.

Sunday was looking a bit better, and eventually a shortened program was flown. Unfortunately the Snowbirds didn't perform but we were treated to a beautiful show by Frecce Tricolori.

We also got treated to the F-35 demo performed by Mach.

All in all it was definitely a decent show, inspite of the extremely heavy smoke.