Snowmageddon is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Fire up those scanners! It'll be a great weekend to stay home and use the search feature of your scanners to locate snowplow talkgroups and frequencies for your county engineer, city services and local snow plow companies!

Hans13

Don't forget... Milk and bread, milk and bread!

(Why? I have no idea but there is always a run on those two things when there is news heavy snow. :ROFLMAO: )

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm ready. Grocery shopping done last night. Did the grocery list from memory? I have enough bread for 2+ weeks as a result.

Time for some good old fashioned scanning...

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, you guys enjoy. I'll most likely be out all night dealing with all the Snowmageddon incidents so you have something to listen to.

phask

Premium Subscriber
AEP - what IS the current status? Still the old EDACS system, new one? I do not routinely listen, but there is a good chance of ice ice baby.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
AEP - what IS the current status? Still the old EDACS system, new one? I do not routinely listen, but there is a good chance of ice ice baby.

Absolutely, still the old EDACS system. I believe we are stil only aware of two P25 sites online, and I'm not sure anyone has even reported much testing on them. Here in East Ohio everything within range of me from three locations is still EDACS on the AEP system.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Absolutely, still the old EDACS system. I believe we are stil only aware of two P25 sites online, and I'm not sure anyone has even reported much testing on them. Here in East Ohio everything within range of me from three locations is still EDACS on the AEP system.
That's what I thought, just seems to be zero traffic, but then I do not watch it 100%. Just put another Proscan PC - might let one sit on it someday.

captncarp

bread and milk are the last things I would buy. have not bought a loaf of bread in years and I certainly don't want a loaf during a storm!
Battery's not bread is what I would go buy.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

(Why? I have no idea but there is always a run on those two things when there is news heavy snow. :ROFLMAO: )

Don't forget eggs.

Of course everyone is then eating French toast for a week...

CQ

Forgot the most important item...toilet paper. You'll need it after taking down the milk and bread.

Hans13

Forgot the most important item...toilet paper. You'll need it after taking down the milk and bread.

I get my POM tp by the huge boxes at Sam's Club. I'm already set for a year or more of zombie apocalypse.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.