Snowpocalypse 2021 & AHTD / ARDoT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I have two radios scanning nuthing but the AHTD frequencies and aint heard a peep except for a morse code station ID on 151.0850.

Just heard it as I was typing!!

AHTD had a plow truck hit a stranded truck last Friday not 3 miles from the house. NOT A PEEP was heard.
Heard that from a White Co. deputy that witnessed it while working vehicles off roadway on Hwy 13 / Honeyhill bypass. Anyone else hearing them??

Plenty of AR National Guard - Diamond 6 - traffic on the ASP Troop B dispatch TGID.
Also heard folks on MAC 1 this morning around Jacksonville / Sherwood saying I-40 was shutdown going to Lonoke and to avoid it.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Same. I could have written this post. I was wondering the same.

I know for a fact they have analog VHF radios in their trucks. Not sure why they aren’t using them or if the frequencies listed are all old and changed or what.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
151.0850 is District 5's frequency

Just getting auto ID

AR National Guard - Diamond 6 & Diamond 21 call signs are out and about around Newport / Batesville down 67 to Bald Knob, across 14 from Southside to Newport. They've been pretty busy all late last night / early this morning.

Not heard much on MAC channels, ADEM has been quiet too.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Next time I see one driving I’m going to run him into a snow bank and ask... OK not really.

Just park your truck in the snow......they'll crash into it.

Funny thing is, the truck sent to pull the plow outta the ditch, then got stuck itself. The deputies found it amusing.

Hwy 13 / Honey Hill Rd. was a mess between Hwy 36 & Hwy 267......that curve & hill down across Bayou Des Arc to Hwy 267

1613596767098.png

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Funny as they were very active last year on VHF for Snow Removal... Maybe all MDT's this year?

Scanning-NWA

I live in N.W. Arkansas. I used to hear snow plows on 151.100 MHz for Benton County and 151.085 MHz for Washington County. Nothing there anymore and now there is a new frequency 151.0625 MHz where I have been hearing snow plow activity instead but not as much as you would think. There has been much more activity for S.W. Missouri on 151.13 MHz during this Winter blast.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I have been trying to get my District which is 5 and I have not heard an thing.

They changed PL/DPL tones is what I was told. Try monitoring CSQ. Also, my neighbor is a county supervisor and he now has an AWIN antenna on his truck that he has had for several years. I have not seen any new talkgroups on the tower nor any unrecorded RIDs on AHP talkgroups.

He may not have an AWIN radio. lol

Last edited:

Devin18

They changed PL/DPL tones is what I was told. Try monitoring CSQ. Also, my neighbor is a county supervisor and he now has an AWIN antenna on his truck that he has had for several years. I have not seen any new talkgroups on the tower nor any unrecorded RIDs on AHP talkgroups.

He may not have a radio. lol
Oh ok.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
If tones have changed that may be the issue as I did simply import from RR db and it shows tones out there so it would have ignored different tones on those frequencies. Since it's slowing down now and things are melting, the radio traffic may decrease.

Another thing to note - locally, one of the ARDOT guys was on the local sheriff dept's frequency and when he heard a deputy or someone call in to county dispatch an area that needed attention, he would get on the radio as "ARDOT 2" and say he copied and that he would direct someone that way. I say that to say...it could be that supervisor that @jhsands was referring to has an AWIN radio for talking to local authorities and not ARDOT folks if the locals there are on AWIN.

I have only seen VHF antennas on the local trucks, cars, and SUVs that the ARDOT folks drive around here.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Eventually ARdot will go AWIN not just the AHP. It took G&F years to get fully on. Parks even still has some low band use at a couple of spots.

jhsands

Feed Provider
If tones have changed that may be the issue as I did simply import from RR db and it shows tones out there so it would have ignored different tones on those frequencies. Since it's slowing down now and things are melting, the radio traffic may decrease.

Another thing to note - locally, one of the ARDOT guys was on the local sheriff dept's frequency and when he heard a deputy or someone call in to county dispatch an area that needed attention, he would get on the radio as "ARDOT 2" and say he copied and that he would direct someone that way. I say that to say...it could be that supervisor that @jhsands was referring to has an AWIN radio for talking to local authorities and not ARDOT folks if the locals there are on AWIN.

I have only seen VHF antennas on the local trucks, cars, and SUVs that the ARDOT folks drive around here.

That's 1 county out of 75. You think they would actually want to be accessible to someone?

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I did import from the DB, but as I don't fully trust the DB to be correct, I also have the frequencies in CSQ search mode as well.

When I get the station ID it has no tone.

This is on my old 2055, Pro 97, PSR 310, PSR 500 and my newer TRX-1....I had my two Uniden BC125AT's listening and got same results.

jhsands

Feed Provider
I did import from the DB, but as I don't fully trust the DB to be correct, I also have the frequencies in CSQ search mode as well.

When I get the station ID it has no tone.

This is on my old 2055, Pro 97, PSR 310, PSR 500 and my newer TRX-1....I had my two Uniden BC125AT's listening and got same results.

I have never seen a repeater that gives DPL/TPL when doing station ID.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I have never seen a repeater that gives DPL/TPL when doing station ID.

Most repeaters can be enabled to encode the tone with the ID but by default they don't and typically it isn't desired so, like you said, it doesn't happen.

To decode, @bubbaearle, you'll need to catch some actual traffic other than ID.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, well ID is all I got.
If they had traffic - either with the tone as in DB or with new tone I wasn't picking it up. Mysteries never cease....

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to think they don't talk on the radios much. I've been told that before by an AHTD worker (when it was AHTD and not ARDOT). He said a lot of times they didn't even turn the radio on in the trucks he was in. This contradicts what milf said about them converting to AWIN (that'd be expensive if they don't use them) but he said they were just going to get rid of them. Of course, employees don't always know what is actually going to happen so I'm not saying that is fact at all. After all, they have recently put up some new towers in various places so they must use them for something...or are going to...

I still haven't programmed all of them in CSQ...maybe I will sometime and let it run for awhile and see what the software logs...

Status
Not open for further replies.