Snowpocalypse Blizzard © 2014 Monitoring Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This thread will be about monitoring radio traffic during the pending Winter storm
today. Please only post verified monitoring targets.

As far as VIPER:

DOT is deploying an IMAP team specially assigned to work I-95 tomorrow. Have been assigned Statewide Events Analog Bravo 1 (912 DEC/039 HEX).

NCNG will provide 2 Humvees on station at the Rocky Mount and Sanford Armories NLT 1300 28 JAN. They will monitor VIPER ALPHA 2 (816 DEC/033 HEX) and VIPER ALPHA 3 (848 DEC/035 HEX) respectively for state assignments.

Please let us know what you hear in your local area and everyone
be safe and stay warm!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

reconrider8

ill be switching back over to my storm setup in just a few minutes i have the events and hp and the local counties in it ill advise what i hear from NENC

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

What's a little snow? :)

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

--

Last edited:

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I was stationed a Camp Lejeune 1988-1991. You would not believe how some people drive in snow ,even if it is just a dusting. You get a large mix of people around bases and some have never seen snow in their life. Made for some interesting driving......

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I was stationed a Camp Lejeune 1988-1991. You would not believe how some people drive in snow ,even if it is just a dusting. You get a large mix of people around bases and some have never seen snow in their life. Made for some interesting driving......

I worked as a traffic reporter here in Central NC for Westwood One/MetroNetworks from 1999-end of 2003 and I can verify that the above is true. A little snow and people freak out. :D
Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

**COPIED AND PASTED FROM THE THREAD I STARTED LAST NIGHT** Marshall feel free to close/lock that thread & thank you for getting this one started.

With the approaching winter weather they're calling for I thought maybe we could gather some freq's or TRS talkgroups (per county or statewide on VIPER) that may see more activity once the weather picks up tomorrow..........

Rowan County / City of Salisbury:

Rowan County Fire Dispatch - VHF 154.2500 (12.5khz) TG 1296 on Rowan Salisbury TRS
Rowan EMS/Rescue Dispatch - VHF 155.7150 (12.5) TG 1488 on Rowan Salisbury TRS
Salisbury (City) Fire Dispatch - TG 752 - Rowan Salisbury TRS ONLY
Rowan County/City of Salisbury Fire & EMS Ops - OPS 1-35 on Rowan Salisbury TRS

Alternate on scene OPS may include:
Rowan County VHF FG 1 - 154.0700 ( 12.5 KHz )
Rowan County VHF FG 2 - 153.7700 ( 12.5 KHz )
NC State Rescue (aka 280) - 155.2800 ( 12.5 KHz )
NC State Fire - 154.2800 ( 12.5 KHz )
-- If you use the VHF stuff and want to use a PL, everything in Rowan uses 146.2

*** Right now we are in the process of upgrading our TRS to P25. There are some newer TG's in use now that aren't listed in the DB yet, simply because I've not got 100% confirmation of use by department(s). If you are monitoring our system you may want to put your scanner into search mode as there are multitudes of other stuff that will pop up. Especially the Salisbury City Public Works talkgroups that don't see much action any other times.

Re: VIPER in the other thread;

Monitoring VIPER off the Salisbury (Troop E HQ) & Faith Mountain sites here in Rowan County and actually been surprised at what all I'm hearing. I'm hearing SHP from all over the state, where we usually only hear Troop E, D, and H most times. And we almost always have traffic from Iredell County on the Salisbury site. I've heard traffic from Wake County & Raleigh (City) this morning too, though it's been hit and miss.

I think I'll just leave my 396 in search mode the rest of the day... Things are picking up here in Rowan County. Never know what you'll hear on VIPER from where. Stay safe out there everyone. My Snowpocalypse reclinerside monitoring post:

Last edited:

oft

Premium Subscriber
New Hanover County P25 - now getting reports from local law enforcement channels that bridges are now becoming iced over

right now, frozen sleet is falling down.

Last edited:

oft

Premium Subscriber
NCSHP on VIPER in Pender County - multiple wrecks on I-40 from the central an northern part of the county.

reconrider8

not so much to report up here yet alot of snow already on the roads more people doing donuts in parking lots :p but im thinking those IMAP units are running on the NCDOT SWC1 they are running all on I95 and reporting 10-50's and stranded motorists and such and assisting SHP they are reporting to some dispatch not sure who tho

Last edited:

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
55664 d97 D NCDOT SWC1 NC DOT Statewide Common1 Transportation
Picking up heavy traffic on this talk group on the twc site in Fayetteville nc

N8IAA

Too bad you can't see what's going on here in Metro ATL. And ya'll are gonna get 3-4 times as much snow.
Makes my northern heart love to watch the news channels.
Larry

w2xq

Mentor

Larry, are you not watching the news? :) #SOTU is everywhere. The sky is falling. The live blogging comments on Twitter from the networks and cable news people -- on all 8 sides of the square R&D's -- are hilarious. The polar vortex just has to suck all the Washington hot air south, and the snow will melt. :)

Apologies for moving off topic... not my normal. Bedtime...

Last edited:

Romak3

Banned
Were is Big Al when you need him? We have great ice fishing here in Iwegia! Thank's global warming!!! :)

oft

Premium Subscriber
everything that was turned to slush has now refrozen. Now NCSHP troopers are having problems finding mid-scale restaurants that are open for business

N8IAA

Just wondering what the snow was like in the Cherry Point area from winter storm Leon? My son was stationed there last year until he deployed overseas.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.