SO-50 status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentCOPP1

Yep I'll be listening for you. Gotta bundle up to hear the sat because it's really cold where I am lol.

AgentCOPP1

Actually I was mistaken. The pass that's good for me is 2049 central time, 1849 for you. The 2008 one just barely skims my horizon.

photoguy2

Actually I was mistaken. The pass that's good for me is 2049 central time, 1849 for you. The 2008 one just barely skims my horizon.
Any luck?

Yours was only like 4 degrees for me, way too low to work with my poor 19inch whip. I figured you might be able to make mine with your arrow.

Matt

AgentCOPP1

I missed it because my keplars weren't updated. It told me it was at the 49 minute but it was actually the 30 :( That might have been the problem I was having before. Stupid me.

Anyways, with the new keps, your pass is a max elevation of 10 degrees but I'll still try it. We'll have a 5-10 minute window so it'll need to be quick. You'll hear me when it's almost directly above you. I'll record it on my side.

Now I'm pissed though because I don't know why I missed such an obvious thing. And I missed a good pass too! That's really frustrating. So that means I was just randomly pointing in the sky trying to hear it like an idiot.

Last edited:

WX2CIB

AgentCOPP1 Do you have an Android phone or tablet? If you do, go to the Play store and search for the ISS Detector Satellite Tracker and add the extension for Amsats or get the Pro version.

Dave
KD2BMU

AgentCOPP1

I have a thing called Amsat Droid free that tracks the ham satellites. I have the ISS app too but I mainly use that to look for Iridium flares (which are really cool to watch).

AgentCOPP1

No luck. I heard a few voices but nothing intelligible. It was just too low and I couldn't get a good signal on it. Did you hear me Matt? I threw my call out there just to see if you could.

photoguy2

Just came in. Either there was no one on the bird, or I am not as good as I think I am with a high gain whip. I did hear someone calling at the end off the pass, but they were so faint I did not bother calling back. It might have been you K6LTC.

Unless anyone else chimes in, I''m going to conclude SO-50 is fine, and that AgentCOPP1 is forgetful about updating his tables, and I'm not as good as I think with a whip. I really need to get an arrow, It's just that I'm a poor student ;-).

Matt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.