• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

So Cal idiots on 462.700 Kevin Bondy repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
There was a report issued that of all the NAL's the FCC have issued, they collect very little to none of it. The agency has the means to get the money from the offender, but don't seem to utilize them. These are the fines to the smaller fish and not the big boys like broadcast facilities, cell, two-way, etc. It's sad if your dealing with an idiot jamming or screwing around on your licensed frequency or a amateur station and the FCC does not penalize the individual.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
They really aren't any worse than some of the things I have read in these forums. The users on that repeater just say right out what some have posted here in coded sentences.

SCPD

QRT
I hear folks on the 700 repeaters CONSTANTLY, ever since I was little. Is this repeater even listed on mygmrs, or is it an underground thing.

Last edited:

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Probably got shut down by Big Brother (the FCC), then again I haven't been to SoCal in so long, I probably don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Predator strike?

MQ-9-landing.jpg

Station51

T Hunting

I'm a licensed HAM in So Cal
One of the repeaters I use had a guy who identified as "THE DRIVER"
on a couple of machines for a few years and was pretty relentless at
jamming, cussing, etc.
A group finally caught him one night (much to his surprise) lol
In exchange for not divulging ALL of his personal information on
all the repeaters he agreed to shut up. It's been a few months and he
hasn't returned, although sounds like your guy doesn't care.
It's not very hard to track down someone, especially once they become complacent.

In my 40 years of radio I have only ever heard of one person doing JAIL TIME and
that was for interfering with the US COAST GUARD

The FCC has neither the manpower nor interest to track down GMRS ppl

Recently a woman was jamming Riverside area police and fire as well as making
death threats against them. Even then it was the LOCAL AGENCY that caught her and NOT THE FCC

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
It was taken down by Bondy 6/30, according to what he has said, to punish the users for not assisting him in his endeavors.

It's really too bad he can't apply his skills in a way that would steer clear of the law. I cannot recall another GMRS repeater in
the basin I could hit with a 4W handheld reliably from 100 miles away. But being who he is, he will always attract the worst of
the worst, either as minions, or jammers intent on taking his repeater down.

Last edited:

prcguy

These people are not jammers, most are licensed and will gladly give you their callsign with a long list of foul words in the same transmission. They don't care if you give their personal information. What do you do when the repeater owner is one of the worst offenders?

Glad to hear that stupid repeater is gone.
prcguy

I'm a licensed HAM in So Cal
One of the repeaters I use had a guy who identified as "THE DRIVER"
on a couple of machines for a few years and was pretty relentless at
jamming, cussing, etc.
A group finally caught him one night (much to his surprise) lol
In exchange for not divulging ALL of his personal information on
all the repeaters he agreed to shut up. It's been a few months and he
hasn't returned, although sounds like your guy doesn't care.
It's not very hard to track down someone, especially once they become complacent.

In my 40 years of radio I have only ever heard of one person doing JAIL TIME and
that was for interfering with the US COAST GUARD

The FCC has neither the manpower nor interest to track down GMRS ppl

Recently a woman was jamming Riverside area police and fire as well as making
death threats against them. Even then it was the LOCAL AGENCY that caught her and NOT THE FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.