So Cal Quick Info. Sheet / Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I do miss Gordon west "police call".

You’re thinking of the Gene Hughes directories. There were editions for every state, in groups of several states. But those were fairly worthless. What was great was his “Southern California Detail Edition”, which, at the time, was the only directory we needed. Back in the simple analog days when a 10- or a 30-channel scanner could cover several counties. Not any more. Miss the old days.

brandon

Database Admin
Remember the old ScanFan? That was a great book in the day.

I think they also had the laminated sheets. I used to have one for San Diego.

scottyhetzel

You’re thinking of the Gene Hughes directories. There were editions for every state, in groups of several states. But those were fairly worthless. What was great was his “Southern California Detail Edition”, which, at the time, was the only directory we needed. Back in the simple analog days when a 10- or a 30-channel scanner could cover several counties. Not any more. Miss the old days.

You are correct...so cal was killer... I had the last pink copy....last edition I ever saw.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I was at an SCMA meeting last month at Dinah's on Sepulveda Blvd. One of the guys there was talking about a new publication for So. Cal scanning that is supposed to be coming out and available at HRO in next few months. Don't remember his name and did not inquire about specific details. Will be looking forward to see if this is actually published.
The only thing I have seen at HRO lately is a publication for some stuff in San Diego area. I like RRDB, but nothing like a book in your hand to read.

prcguy

I need to mark my calendar and make it to an SCMA meeting.....
prcguy

I was at an SCMA meeting last month at Dinah's on Sepulveda Blvd. One of the guys there was talking about a new publication for So. Cal scanning that is supposed to be coming out and available at HRO in next few months. Don't remember his name and did not inquire about specific details. Will be looking forward to see if this is actually published.
The only thing I have seen at HRO lately is a publication for some stuff in San Diego area. I like RRDB, but nothing like a book in your hand to read.

Is there much interest in this? If so I will be willing to make new sheets and sell them... Let me know what you all are looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.