So Cal Quick Info. Sheet / Info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyhetzel

Hi All,

~I would like to have a quick sheet laminated in my vehicle / shack... half page double sided...I want to make it in excel for common info.. like abbreviations....organize if by : Fed, State, Co., local govt..I am sure those of you have this already. However having everyone's' input would make it a really nice sheet. Obviously the super common stuff will not be needed. Its the stuff we all have to look up to figure out more info. about the radio user...below is my crude examples.. Looking forward to everyone's input on suggestions. After its all done I can post a copy and everyone can review it. Make changes than post a pdf copy for all to enjoy. Of course their will be changes that will be on-going since this world is very dynamic. Updates will be easy to handle on excel. This document could be added to wiki too so I does not go into the archive or get lost.

~I know some are thinking the internet is all you need to look up info...well if you are driving its really dangerous and not law abiding... if you are camping in the middle of no where the internet on your cell phone is bad and very hard to read....yes iPads really help.

Examples below VVVVVV

Local

LAPD STATIONS , not freqs.

MetroNet Dispatches: Newport, Huntington, Brea, Anaheim, Orange, Fullerton & Garden Grove

State

CHP I.D.s i.e. 76,6,97-xx (Indio,Blythe,San Gorgonio ) beat 10 =West of monterey to whitewater

XSD: San Diego region fire stations

County

Orange Co. communications : OCFA dispatches

Heartland dispatches for ?? I struggle with this JPA stuff...

Feds

USFS I.D.

Tower locations

Johnstone ( Glendora peak)

Dispatch centers

SURCOM dispatches for: Joshua tree park, BLM CCD and BDF ?

Verdugo station identifiers : 105 Arcadia Baldwin station...

Everyone's thoughts ?

avdrummerboy

I take it you mean a consolidated sheet without frequencies? Most of that stuff can be found on here and elsewhere, but there is no one sheet with all of it in one spot that I know of. It's a kinda cool idea, things like what tones go to what towers and their locations, what regions are where, who's in each, only real issue it that it is a LOT of information that will be many pages long and will probably have to be broken into sections anyway, so you might as well get all the individual 'sections' off of here and just combine them into one document.

Eng74

Check Ham Radio Outlet out on Euclid. They had some for different departments, LAFD, Verdugo, LACoFD, and others.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Check Ham Radio Outlet out on Euclid. They had some for different departments, LAFD, Verdugo, LACoFD, and others.

I have all of them sheet. They do not have anymore at HRO anymore as due to the guy that was updating them. No new updated sheets anymore

WA6KFI

So. Cal Quick Reference Sheets

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on up dating the "Quick Reference Sheets" right now! There has been many changes with Police and Fire Departments frequencies and more digital coming. Their is a series of 10 (QRS) sheets: 1. CHP, 2. LAPD, 3. LASD, 4. LAFD, 5. LACoFD, 6. Verdugo Fire, 7. LA County Area Police Dept's., 8. LA County Area Fire Dept's, 9. Orange Co. Sheriff & Fire, 10. Open 6 and 2 Meter Repeaters. All these sheets are available at your local HRO store. More sheets to come. These sheets are very useful and are use by public safety agencies and scanner buff's!

Best of Monitoring, 73's...Rick, WA6KFI

prcguy

Why not make them available on RR?
prcguy

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on up dating the "Quick Reference Sheets" right now! There has been many changes with Police and Fire Departments frequencies and more digital coming. Their is a series of 10 (QRS) sheets: 1. CHP, 2. LAPD, 3. LASD, 4. LAFD, 5. LACoFD, 6. Verdugo Fire, 7. LA County Area Police Dept's., 8. LA County Area Fire Dept's, 9. Orange Co. Sheriff & Fire, 10. Open 6 and 2 Meter Repeaters. All these sheets are available at your local HRO store. More sheets to come. These sheets are very useful and are use by public safety agencies and scanner buff's!

SCPD

QRT
Hi All,

~I would like to have a quick sheet laminated in my vehicle / shack... half page double sided...I want to make it in excel for common info.. like abbreviations....organize if by : Fed, State, Co., local govt..I am sure those of you have this already. However having everyone's' input would make it a really nice sheet. Obviously the super common stuff will not be needed. Its the stuff we all have to look up to figure out more info. about the radio user...below is my crude examples.. Looking forward to everyone's input on suggestions. After its all done I can post a copy and everyone can review it. Make changes than post a pdf copy for all to enjoy. Of course their will be changes that will be on-going since this world is very dynamic. Updates will be easy to handle on excel. This document could be added to wiki too so I does not go into the archive or get lost.

~I know some are thinking the internet is all you need to look up info...well if you are driving its really dangerous and not law abiding... if you are camping in the middle of no where the internet on your cell phone is bad and very hard to read....yes iPads really help.

Examples below VVVVVV

Local

LAPD STATIONS , not freqs.

MetroNet Dispatches: Newport, Huntington, Brea, Anaheim, Orange, Fullerton & Garden Grove

State

CHP I.D.s i.e. 76,6,97-xx (Indio,Blythe,San Gorgonio ) beat 10 =West of monterey to whitewater

XSD: San Diego region fire stations

County

Orange Co. communications : OCFA dispatches

Heartland dispatches for ?? I struggle with this JPA stuff...

Feds

USFS I.D.

Tower locations

Johnstone ( Glendora peak)

Dispatch centers

SURCOM dispatches for: Joshua tree park, BLM CCD and BDF ?

Verdugo station identifiers : 105 Arcadia Baldwin station...

Everyone's thoughts ?

SURCOM dispatches the California Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Parks and Recreation (State Parks). The Federal Interagency Dispatch Center in San Bernardino dispatches for the San Bernardino National Forest, BLM's California Desert District, Joshua National Park, Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley National Park.

The only national park I know of that is dispatched by a state dispatch center in California is Redwood, which is actually administered as Redwood National and State Parks. Fire management for this park is provided by the Fortuna Interagency Dispatch Center (federal/state) and law enforcement dispatching is provided by the state park, DFW counterpart to SURCOM in northern California located near Folsom dam referred to as "Northern." Fire dispatching for Lassen National Park is provided by the federal/state interagency dispatch center in Susanville and law enforcement is dispatched by the Yosemite NP dispatch center. If anyone knows of any other National Park unit dispatched by a solely state dispatch center I would like to know of it.

I'm feeling better now and it looks like the surgeon got all those nasty cells out of my body. I probably won't be 100% for a few more months, but it looks like my cognitive functions are working again.

SCPD

QRT
I'm not sure how you could put all the repeaters of just the federal agencies, along with the other info you mentioned, onto the page size you mentioned. Between BDF and CDD there are 34 repeaters, not counting the CDD's law enforcement repeaters. ANF has 13 repeaters. I can't recall how many repeaters State Parks and DFW have in southern California, but the total of the two is likely two dozen or more. I don't know how wide of an area you are talking about, but there are additional repeaters at Mojave NP and Death Valley NP (6 if I'm correct) and if you add those of the Los Padres (just those from Santa Barbara and south) and Cleveland National Forest you have 19 more.

I don't like looking at cheat sheets while driving so I carry notebooks with all the information I've gathered; channel plans, repeaters, unit designators, organizational units of agencies and similar. I have one for federal agencies and one for state agencies. To keep the notebooks of a manageable size, I keep large notebooks at home for everything I have. I pull out the information for the area I'm traveling in from those notebooks and put them into smaller notebooks that I carry with me. If I need something from one of these books right away, before pulling to the side of the road, my wife opens one of the notebooks and looks it up. For example, if I'm driving State Highway 1 between Cambria and Big Sur and I hear someone say "Los Padres, Patrol 17 tone 8" I can pull over, have my wife look it up or wait until I stop next to determine that tone 8 is used to access the Cone Peak repeater. I can also look up what station Patrol 17 works out of.

I can't imagine how I would boil down everything I have onto two half pages. The only cheat sheets I carry is one listing the number and description for the 20 files I have written for my GRE PSR-500/600 radios and on the reverse the list of banks for my ham 2m/70cm mobile. I also carry a some sheets showing the individual banks of each of my 20 GRE files. I'm a bit uncomfortable just using those. If my wife is along, which is usually the case, she looks up everything I need and changes the files on the scanners, changes the banks on the ham mobile and takes notes I what we have heard. She was pretty reluctant doing this for a long time as she was not real interested. She started volunteering for our local PD and now wants the scanners on at home more than I do.

scottyhetzel

Hello Everyone,

One word "awesome". I do miss Gordon west "police call". The the southern edition just doesn't do it for me. Is been way outdated.. I never wanted a novel in my vehicle btw.. Rather laminated sheets ...big letters in number 12 arial. Something along the lines as battion chiefs have at a major incident. Or something close to what the CHP have for their ERV expeditions. The CalIfog is great info. However if you get lots of levels of govt. at a multi jurisdictional site your going to have big problems trying to undestand the identifiers when the key up or hang a carrier. Look forward to your great works...

scottyhetzel

Get well...

SURCOM dispatches the California Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Parks and Recreation (State Parks). The Federal Interagency Dispatch Center in San Bernardino dispatches for the San Bernardino National Forest, BLM's California Desert District, Joshua National Park, Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley National Park.

The only national park I know of that is dispatched by a state dispatch center in California is Redwood, which is actually administered as Redwood National and State Parks. Fire management for this park is provided by the Fortuna Interagency Dispatch Center (federal/state) and law enforcement dispatching is provided by the state park, DFW counterpart to SURCOM in northern California located near Folsom dam referred to as "Northern." Fire dispatching for Lassen National Park is provided by the federal/state interagency dispatch center in Susanville and law enforcement is dispatched by the Yosemite NP dispatch center. If anyone knows of any other National Park unit dispatched by a solely state dispatch center I would like to know of it.

I'm feeling better now and it looks like the surgeon got all those nasty cells out of my body. I probably won't be 100% for a few more months, but it looks like my cognitive functions are working again.

Glad to see your back, your a great resource to us all. I hope you have speedy recovery.

Thanks for the info on surcom. I just wrote it down.

scottyhetzel

I'm not sure how you could put all the repeaters of just the federal agencies, along with the other info you mentioned, onto the page size you mentioned. Between BDF and CDD there are 34 repeaters, not counting the CDD's law enforcement repeaters. ANF has 13 repeaters. I can't recall how many repeaters State Parks and DFW have in southern California, but the total of the two is likely two dozen or more. I don't know how wide of an area you are talking about, but there are additional repeaters at Mojave NP and Death Valley NP (6 if I'm correct) and if you add those of the Los Padres (just those from Santa Barbara and south) and Cleveland National Forest you have 19 more.

I don't like looking at cheat sheets while driving so I carry notebooks with all the information I've gathered; channel plans, repeaters, unit designators, organizational units of agencies and similar. I have one for federal agencies and one for state agencies. To keep the notebooks of a manageable size, I keep large notebooks at home for everything I have. I pull out the information for the area I'm traveling in from those notebooks and put them into smaller notebooks that I carry with me. If I need something from one of these books right away, before pulling to the side of the road, my wife opens one of the notebooks and looks it up. For example, if I'm driving State Highway 1 between Cambria and Big Sur and I hear someone say "Los Padres, Patrol 17 tone 8" I can pull over, have my wife look it up or wait until I stop next to determine that tone 8 is used to access the Cone Peak repeater. I can also look up what station Patrol 17 works out of.

I can't imagine how I would boil down everything I have onto two half pages. The only cheat sheets I carry is one listing the number and description for the 20 files I have written for my GRE PSR-500/600 radios and on the reverse the list of banks for my ham 2m/70cm mobile. I also carry a some sheets showing the individual banks of each of my 20 GRE files. I'm a bit uncomfortable just using those. If my wife is along, which is usually the case, she looks up everything I need and changes the files on the scanners, changes the banks on the ham mobile and takes notes I what we have heard. She was pretty reluctant doing this for a long time as she was not real interested. She started volunteering for our local PD and now wants the scanners on at home more than I do.

Hi, 91.5 p.l. Keeps showing up in my valley...USFS BDF Admin net. I have no idea where it's coming from....normally I get 103.5 in my valley.

How wide you wrote ? Riverside / San Diego / imperial / Orange / Los Angles / San berdo.

Your folder? that is awesome... Love to meet you and head to kinkos. That is priceless info. You probably got 30 years of jotted down info . Plus you had great info from contacts. If I had your info it would be on my iPad and my mobile samsung galaxy.

My passenger female co-pilot: it's taken years for her to mute it out. On long trips I have run ear speaker.

prcguy

I don't think Gordon West had anything to do with the Police Call publications, I believe it was originally done by Gene Hughes.
prcguy

One word "awesome". I do miss Gordon west "police call". The the southern edition just doesn't do it for me. Is been way outdated.. I never wanted a novel in my vehicle btw.. Rather laminated sheets ...big letters in number 12 arial. Something along the lines as battion chiefs have at a major incident. Or something close to what the CHP have for their ERV expeditions. The CalIfog is great info. However if you get lots of levels of govt. at a multi jurisdictional site your going to have big problems trying to undestand the identifiers when the key up or hang a carrier. Look forward to your great works...

SCPD

QRT
Hi, 91.5 p.l. Keeps showing up in my valley...USFS BDF Admin net. I have no idea where it's coming from....normally I get 103.5 in my valley.

How wide you wrote ? Riverside / San Diego / imperial / Orange / Los Angles / San berdo.

Your folder? that is awesome... Love to meet you and head to kinkos. That is priceless info. You probably got 30 years of jotted down info . Plus you had great info from contacts. If I had your info it would be on my iPad and my mobile samsung galaxy.

My passenger female co-pilot: it's taken years for her to mute it out. On long trips I have run ear speaker.

I'm not sure what you are asking here. As for Kinkos, some of what I have can't be shared. The atmosphere of obtaining frequency and similar information has gotten rather secretive in the last 9 years. Most of what I have is the result of long hours using Google, most of which can be shared and some that can't.

That 91.5 tone reception on the San Bernardino NF is interesting and inexplicable.

I had to throw much of my 35 years of information into the recycle bin last year. I didn't have room anymore and most of it was no longer valid anyway, given the changes that have been made. Some of it had nostalgic value so I scanned it into the computer. Some of it might be helpful in the future as pieces in trying to put a puzzle together. A lot of it I obtained by keeping my eyes open at work as much of it was not passed through my mailbox. A lot of radio system, unit I.D. and operational procedure info is exchanged with other agencies for interagency operations. I wish I still had access to that stuff. I would also like to have one of those passwords that gets you into links on dispatch center pages that contain some great info. Given the current atmosphere I would be unable share most of it anyway.

I try to refrain from the use of cheat sheets while driving as my city driving skills are not what they were when I left L.A. for the last time in 1973. I'm not all that good using them in rural areas either, too much distraction. My co-pilot is responsible for such tasks while I'm driving. She will drive on the open road in rural areas, but balks at driving in metro areas. When I'm co-pilot the mobile scanning can't get any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.