so cal trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillH1

Hello all, I am currently planning a trip to Hemet CA soon, and I want to know if I can monitor CHP with what I have. My current scanner is a uniden Br330T. I have a 36 inch mag mount antenna on my vehicle currently. I know 36 inches isn't the optimal antenna length for CHP, but will it work decently enough to monitor on the highways? Also, the 700 MHZ frequencies are just used to patch between the handheld radios to the mobile repeater which is then broadcasted on the 42.xxx frequencies analog correct? Sorry for the noob questions, but I do not go to CA often and I want to be able to monitor some stuff on the road.

scottyhetzel

San gorgonio chp station covers hemet area... "97" units. Also program in blue east freq. sometimes units use it...don't forget to turn off delay on chp...otherwise you miss the mobile units...

allend

Premium Subscriber
San gorgonio chp station covers hemet area... "97" units. Also program in blue east freq. sometimes units use it...don't forget to turn off delay on chp...otherwise you miss the mobile units...

Once you are on the RED Indio CHP channel its almost impossible to hear the mobile units anyways unless you are within a few miles of the car. Indio CHP is a difficult area to listen to both base and mobile units. Its just the way is once you pass Riverside CHP and hit the wide desert roads. I just don't understand why they don't use a countywide repeater like the BEIGE and the Turquoise uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.