So confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcox76

So I have a Whistler 1040, I tried using the Win500 program, but all it gave me was aircraft, railroad, marina, CB, and HAM. What am I doing wrong? I don't want that stuff. I want local police, fire, etc. Spokane County WA.

Thank you for your help. The program didn't ask me for my RR stuff like I thought it was supposed to. I'm a fairly intelligent person. I didn't think this would be something I COULDN'T figure out, but I'm at a loss.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So I have a Whistler 1040, I tried using the Win500 program, but all it gave me was aircraft, railroad, marina, CB, and HAM. What am I doing wrong? I don't want that stuff. I want local police, fire, etc. Spokane County WA.

Thank you for your help. The program didn't ask me for my RR stuff like I thought it was supposed to. I'm a fairly intelligent person. I didn't think this would be something I COULDN'T figure out, but I'm at a loss.

Some user info for Win500 here:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

If you are looking for the web based programming from the RR database, you will need to purchase a premium subscription from RR for that feature.... check here for info on that:

Programming Your Scanner With the Web service

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
There is no way to completely do it for free??

You can program your scanner using manual input or copy and paste from the RR database into Win500.

To use the auto programming feature of the RR web based programming, you must have a premium subscription to RR for that.

tcox76

And, am I blind? The Win500 isn't Mac Compatible? If I choose the RR way - I'm a pretty good technical person, is it pretty easy to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.