• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

So I bit the bullet and got a Lincoln II+

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I did it finally, got the radio today, unboxed it to make sure it worked and it did. No boxing it back up with my RM203P and sending it to Black Ops for a 11 meter mod and a tune and peak with the Italy RM 203P. Studying for a general license and taking the test in a couple weeks.

Ct_Pirate

Just revived the need for communication equipment
Premium Subscriber
Congrats! Where will the peak and tune put it?

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
It will be done at Black Ops in Maryland. It will be modded to 11 meters and tuned to work with the RM Italy 203p. He really fine tunes the modulation. He can be found on YouTube.

N1EXA

FT8 Huntin Mudd Duck on the deep end of the pond !
The 11 Meter mod is adding a resistor and a few Key bumps on the front Panel

It a DIgital processed radio there are no big pots to crank on inside - Just run a power Mic.

The RF power knob is on the front just turn it down to a watt and your linear should be happy

The big thing for CB and 10 Meters is a good Antenna and Propagation~

Good luck on the Ham Test !

Pete N1EXA

Last edited:

columbas

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on going to get your ham license. I have a GENERAL ham license. I love doing hf I do not know the terrain you live in but I live in a very mountainous area. For me I have had the Antron 99 and replaced it with the IMAX 2000 with the ground plane kit. In my opinion the IMAX 2000 with the GPK out performs the Antron 99. Now I am suggesting either to you because either will cover 10 / 11 / 12 meter with little SWR and no adjustment's are needed. Both antenna's have built in lightning arrestor's built in with the coil inside the antenna If you purchase either one when you get it get delivered you purchase a can of clear coat and spray the fiber glass so it won't splinter over the years. Do they last a long time , I have had mine up for about 15 years now with no splintering .The only thing I did different than other's is I took a 102 inch steel whip cut it the exact same length as the top section of the antenna so I would not have to worry about the top breaking in very high winds. I have Never had the top to break even in 60 mph wind's. I hope this information will help you. P. S. (Both antenna's are easy light and quick to install ) . Have a Blessed Day

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I am using a Sirio 5/8 GPE. I have it mounted 20 feet from my second story deck. My elavation is fine, but am in a valley. Might need to put a tower up, but for now it's all I have to work with.

N1EXA

FT8 Huntin Mudd Duck on the deep end of the pond !
Negative, there are pots just not big ones. and modulation can be adjusted.
I see 1 pot VR106 as a Modulation Balance Thats it ?

The guys over at DX Home talk about a swing kit - Does this guy add a swing kit in the Lincoln 2 for added audio control ?

Looks like the Mod is to run AM Mode under 1 watt to the linear ?

Hey I found the service maual too on line- See what you can adjust !

President Lincoln II - Service manual (radiomanual.info)

Hey Slowmover I see you with a thumbs up over at DX Home !

1659726471657.png

Last edited:

robertwbob

KE0WRU
walcot radio tuned my lincoln ii+. it talks near 55 watts pep ssb and 30 watts am,can dial watts down to 2 watts am and down to 8 watts pep on ssb but any lower on ssb and wont keep my rm italy
kl 200p locked in. im very satisfied with mine. only dislikes are when changing mode or band no backing up but foreward to last 1 and starts over.

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
walcot radio tuned my lincoln ii+. it talks near 55 watts pep ssb and 30 watts am,can dial watts down to 2 watts am and down to 8 watts pep on ssb but any lower on ssb and wont keep my rm italy
kl 200p locked in. im very satisfied with mine. only dislikes are when changing mode or band no backing up but foreward to last 1 and starts over.

I use mine with a straight 203 (not 203p). Hadn’t noticed that SSB problem (yet). The circuitry is different between the two. If indeed you have a 200, get the 203.
Comment by Tallman. Did the warranty work for them.

They all can use a low pass filter

And a fan
RM ITALY 203 fan

Also got my radio from Walcott.

A nice addition, below. Not Bluetooth. Discontinued, but may be a few left. Ordered mine from the UK.

HAM RADIO JUNIOR is a nice size and great performer while mobile. Doesn’t yet have the latest NRC circuitry (DSP), so I’ll be adding a West Mountain CLEARSPEECH stand-alone unit in the pickup.

DSP is the game-changer

West Mountain CLR DSP with my Cobra 139
A truck driver (at home) a man with decades of experience (meaning, what works?).

I have the integrated speaker in the big truck. I hear what others around me can’t.

Last edited:

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
“Digital” Radios have a lot of hiss.

I’ve been pleased with the linked unit.

11M Bandpass Filter

DSP + BPF (no need for LPF) = Satisfaction.

Last edited:

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
Doesn’t have the latest board (as do Stryker, Anytone, CRT, K-Po) with built-in DSP (called NRC).

I enjoy my Lincoln, but it’s paired with the $200 West Mountain Radio CLEARSPEECH DSP Speaker in order to say it’s the equivalent.

slowmover

Temporarily Banned
Timeout for bad behavior
Allow me to clarify:

$300 Lincoln
$225 Speaker
$65 RigRunner

$600 vs one of the 50W-plus NRC alternatives at from $225 to $450 (plus a used KES-5 speaker at $15). Conceivably, $250 vs $600.

Far less difficult mobile installation that’s cleaner. This aspect has its own price.

As I also run a coax or Bandpass filter that increases cost another $80-$150. $400 for the winning new NRC radio (least expensive version) vs my $750 “old” radio rig.

And it won’t take $350 to acquire the very best permanent mount antenna & coax, (plus tools & supply to upgrade your radio toolbox).

Add those in and I’m well past $1,000.

Were I starting from scratch I’d go with the NMO34 Larsen + 64” whip and their NMO mount. Another cost reduction (unless, like me, you had earlier decided to run a quarter-wave whip on the roof.)

A very simple installation: install the rig “on” the headliner with a glued board underneath, and do the thru-roof antenna back behind it.
Do the work thru the dome light opening.
D7E6F7F5-1EA8-4F9D-8F68-9B00313D1160.jpeg

Run power from BATT up passenger A-pillar. Fish speaker audio cable down drivers B-pillar to location under drivers seat.

664AF46F-4275-40DC-AC11-D98552F2B918.jpeg

075AC957-9754-4FF2-A296-D9F52559BDDB.jpeg

The external speaker is not optional.

Last edited: