• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

So I recently got a Motorola xts3000 off eBay and it's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoIsBell

Hi sorry I'm new to radios so yet again sorry, So I bought thos Motorola xts3000 apco p25 digital off eBay when I turn it on I get the green light and no audible tones it clears test mode and sits on an unprogrammed zone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. "Also excuse my background in picture I am moving currently"

Attachments

• XTS3000.jpg
    XTS3000.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 477

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it is working fine, its unprogrammed (i.e. its memory does not contain any information about the channel banks (zones), frequencies and other related information). It simply needs to be programmed appropriately with a computer and the CPS software.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Undoubtedly it arrived unprogrammed, so you will need to program it before it will "do" anything...

clbsquared

Did you buy it under the assumption that it was already programmed? I'm just trying to figure out why someone would just up and buy a radio like that without knowing that it would undoubtedly have to be programmed for your specific use.

WhoIsBell

Well no, I was expecting to hear the test tones and see it light up but nothing reacts.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
XTS3000

If you have little knowledge of a professional grade radio, you need to find someone with the proper software and knowledge. Setting up a code plug for this radio is quite different than a Baofeng, Yaesu, etc., especially if you are trying to receive P25 systems. These radios cannot be programmed from the keypad and have a more complex cable setup than a modern ham radio. If you bought it to monitor an 800 mhz system, make sure that transmit inhibit is properly set to avoid interfering with any emergency agency.

WhoIsBell

Here's where it gets a little tricky and I'll try not to be as stupid as I am, I work in EMS in a small town I thought it would be great to have a radio to take home with me, my department only has 14 employees out of that only two paramedics so I was hoping I could have this radio as something I could take home get paged not have to run to the station. Like if the call was bad enough. My issues started when three of us used bayofengs just for that purpose but we went to the 700-800mhz and we can't do much. So I bought the same radio we have at work. I don't even care if I can't speak if I could only listen to my mates the issue is the guy who techs our radios only comes by once in a blue moon. So I'm trying to learn and go about it like an adventure I never really try anything new so though, I'd give this a shot. Any help or leads to anyone who can help or teach would be appreciated greatly.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The XTS3000 came in VHF, UHF R1, UHF R2 and 800mhz.
Then theres the issue of its flashcode. Many Many options in the radio that can be purchased / enabled.
I would strongly urge / suggest you to get a hold of the guy who comes out once in a blue moon and work with him to get it programmed and set up right.
IF your an employee of the agency and your allowed to add your own radio to the system the admin, aka radio guy needs to set the radio up properly.
The key here is your allowed to use the radio with permission from your agency / department so set it up right with the help of the proper radio techs.

clbsquared

The XTS3000 came in VHF, UHF R1, UHF R2 and 800mhz.
Then theres the issue of its flashcode. Many Many options in the radio that can be purchased / enabled.
I would strongly urge / suggest you to get a hold of the guy who comes out once in a blue moon and work with him to get it programmed and set up right.
IF your an employee of the agency and your allowed to add your own radio to the system the admin, aka radio guy needs to set the radio up properly.
The key here is your allowed to use the radio with permission from your agency / department so set it up right with the help of the proper radio techs.
I'll echo that. And add that P25 systems are quite complex when it comes to programming. And if it's being used for public safety, you want it done right. Nothing wrong with wanting to learn. We all had to start somewhere. It's just easier to learn if you can watch someone do it and have them teach you along the way.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

WhoIsBell

I just look at the antenna types and just realized it's not even the right one ~_~.... End my suffering

clbsquared

So you bought what you thought was an 800 MHz and it's actually VHF? Can you post a screen shot of the tags on the back of the radio under the battery? That way we can see the model number and help you figure this thing out.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
And if you are on 700/800 more than likely using xts5000 not 3000. Also most trunk systems have to be programmed by the agency maintaining the system. And majority of systems will not program personal radios onto trunk systems. Usually the radio must be owned by agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.