So I'm a little dumb with scannercast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexmedic157

So Peter has been excellent in trying to help me with my Scannercast issues, but I think I'm too dumb to get it right.

I have two feeds I want to host using Scannercast. I'd like to boot my computer and have two sessions of scannercast automatically start each feed. I've read the config page on Peter's website but I still don't get it. It says to edit a .ini file, but I don't see one, so I opened the "configuration settings" text file, in the folder I unzipped the files to, after starting each feed and saved them as feed1 and feed2 respectively. It appears, when opening them, it has all the correct feed info included in them.

My problem is how to edit target in the shortcut. What is already in there is the path to the .exe file. Am I supposed to leave the path the same but then add "feed1.ini" to the end of the path? I've been getting an error message indicating the path is not valid.

Maybe I'm just making this more difficult than it should be...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
"C:\Program Files\scannercast\ScannerCast.exe" feed1.ini

"C:\Program Files\scannercast\ScannerCast.exe" feed2.ini

etc.

Of course, change the path to ScannerCast if necessary. You really only need one instance of the .exe, so you could keep everything in the same folder with two different .ini (configuration settings) files, which is how it is in the example above.

Status
Not open for further replies.