So I'm about to receive a LimeSDR...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA2ZEY

I'm a user of Airspy and have owned the Ettus B100 as well as many RTL devices for SDR. I'm more of a hobbyist who likes to listen to what is usually not monitor able by scanner and have done everything from basic SDR# monitoring to exotic Linux based decoding of Iridium. I'm not an engineer and won't be building any complex apps with Gnuradio (at least not yet). With such a high quality, powerful tool...what should I start out with? I love the RX/TX feature and the possibility of having a GSM base station but that's all a bit beyond me. As a hobbyist, what are some ways to get the most of the LimeSDR?

Oh and will this work with SDR#?

vince48

Premium Subscriber
let us know of the receiving performance in the VHF, UHF and 800-900 Mhz region if you would. I'm on the fence to purchase one. I too own a AirSpy and a Ettus B200. I normally use Simons' SDR Console V3

vince48

Premium Subscriber
I'm a user of Airspy and have owned the Ettus B100 as well as many RTL devices for SDR. I'm more of a hobbyist who likes to listen to what is usually not monitor able by scanner and have done everything from basic SDR# monitoring to exotic Linux based decoding of Iridium. I'm not an engineer and won't be building any complex apps with Gnuradio (at least not yet). With such a high quality, powerful tool...what should I start out with? I love the RX/TX feature and the possibility of having a GSM base station but that's all a bit beyond me. As a hobbyist, what are some ways to get the most of the LimeSDR?

Oh and will this work with SDR#?

Can you tell us of your impression and experience of your LimeSDR? I'm on the fence of either getting a LimeSDR or another Airspy?

Status
Not open for further replies.