So I'm moving to Riverside County, now what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
You can listen to, most all fire departments. Some state & a little federal.

Everything else is encrypted.

I grew in that county in 1990's. Even then Coachella Valley departments changing frequency to avoid having their frequency published, Indio was 1st city to encrypt with DES.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
I only listen to them cuz I’m a Medic with them
I like to know how my day is going to start prior to me arriving

That makes sense! Thank you for the difference you make to many lives. Are you always the same unit number on the air?
If I may ask, when AMR left the facility on Haun Road, did they move somewhere else or just operate this area out of the Hemet station?

Thanks again!

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense! Thank you for the difference you make to many lives. Are you always the same unit number on the air?
If I may ask, when AMR left the facility on Haun Road, did they move somewhere else or just operate this area out of the Hemet station?

Thanks again!
Yes
Our unit numbers correspond to the shift you are permanently assigned to for the duration of the 6 month bid
If you pick up OT, the unit number will change depending on what shift you are working
I operate out of Corona so I’m one of the 3XX units

They moved to a larger facility off of Palomar/74
They also still have numerous outlying stations throughout the south end as well

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, MEDIC135!
When you say outlying stations, are you referring to when they stand by at 215/Scott, Murrieta/Newport, Bundy and such?

Thanks again!

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, MEDIC135!
When you say outlying stations, are you referring to when they stand by at 215/Scott, Murrieta/Newport, Bundy and such?

Thanks again!
No, those are posting locations for units
Units get posted in certain locations depending on system status levels in the area

we have outlying stations in Canyon Lake, Murrieta and Elsinore that crews deploy out of throughout the day

Station51

As stated in the tile, I'm moving to Riverside County now what do I do as far as listening to public safety?

You can also listen to the CHP
The Indio Station (97) is pretty dead but Riverside (74) is pretty busy and it's duplex so you hear both sides of the radio traffic thru a repeater.
You'll be able to hear other CHP offices too depending upon where you are.

vavolff

Transcending Shower and Curtain
Premium Subscriber
You can listen to, most all fire departments. Some state & a little federal.

Everything else is encrypted.

I grew in that county in 1990's. Even then Coachella Valley departments changing frequency to avoid having their frequency published, Indio was 1st city to encrypt with DES.

Same here, grew up on the Northwest side of the county (Mira Loma, now Jurupa Valley) from 85-95 and that was a sad day when I read the news. I still remember an odd exchange between Dispatch and a Sheriffs Deputy in Pedley getting a warning about "attack cats" on a property en route to a domestic lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.