• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

So, is the BKR9000 really vapourware?

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to get a hold of someone from BK to see if DMR is on the roadmap... they're a tough company to get information from.

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
I had a BKR9000 in front of me yesterday. For the size of that thing, what's it do that Mother M, Harris, Kwood, Tait & Icom don't?
Dt
For me:

Has a sma antenna port.
Will do NAS - Non Affiliate Scan (or Non-Registration Scan). Everyone else (except harris) it either can't be done or needs special software...
Will eventually do DMR too

I have a VP8000 and an XL-200 (that i'm selling). This radio should be THE radio.

iamhere300

It's very aggravating, whoever the manufacturer is, for someone to just say they're junk and walk on. Can you tell us why you think they're junk? Can you give us some real world experience? I haven't put the term junk with them even though they are my competition. Le bunt's at least make this fair.

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
Just got the software and was playing around with it. It's actually very intuitive, and easy to understand.

I got quoted 3-4 months for a BKR9000 and pulled the trigger on it. Is this pretty much par for the course?

mharris

Premium Subscriber
Just got the software and was playing around with it. It's actually very intuitive, and easy to understand.

I got quoted 3-4 months for a BKR9000 and pulled the trigger on it. Is this pretty much par for the course?
My dealer had several in stock and overnighted one to me. I believe he still has a few left.

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
These have been out for a while now... anyone have any reviews?