So is this Wi-Fi Dongle thing a dead issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

Do not worry, it is on Life Support, the TOD has not been announce yet!

Just pray for an early Christmas present this year!

I think the quote was "Patience grasshopper".

n5ims

The last update I heard was that the dongle's vendor had delivered their promised firmware update (for the dongle, not the scanner) that did actually fix some of the issues. Unfortunately, it didn't fix enough of them to allow Uniden to produce a quality product so it's back to waiting on the dongle company to fix their firmware so Uniden can finish and release their product.

It's kinda like some of the GM recalls. GM knows what they need to do to fix the problem, but until their vendor delivers the parts to them no cars are getting fixed. I'm sure that Uniden is as upset and frustrated with their dongle vendor as many are with Uniden.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The last update I heard was that the dongle's vendor had delivered their promised firmware update (for the dongle, not the scanner) that did actually fix some of the issues. Unfortunately, it didn't fix enough of them to allow Uniden to produce a quality product so it's back to waiting on the dongle company to fix their firmware so Uniden can finish and release their product.

It's kinda like some of the GM recalls. GM knows what they need to do to fix the problem, but until their vendor delivers the parts to them no cars are getting fixed. I'm sure that Uniden is as upset and frustrated with their dongle vendor as many are with Uniden.

The joys of outsourcing!

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
how long before public release , I bought the scanner to use this app, just to be disappointed that your manufacture did not test and create the software completely before releasing the scanner , so how close are we to releasing the software? or is this just a public appeasing video?

mitbr

how long before public release , I bought the scanner to use this app, just to be disappointed that your manufacture did not test and create the software completely before releasing the scanner , so how close are we to releasing the software? or is this just a public appeasing video?

Hopefully a public release this coming week!

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
im truly surprised that no one attempted to sue uniden for misrepresenting of their product for not performing all functions as described, but hopefully this will come to a positive resolution

rcool101

Feed Provider
Fingers are good...Maybe toes too... But holding my breath? That might be a reach... Remember.. You can't take it with you.. Okay..maybe the 436..but the clock won't work

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Doesn't work on my phone <-----&#128514;&#128514;&#128514;

How do you have it setup? Do you have the scanner as adhoc mode or connected to your home network? And how is your phone connected? Directly to the scanner (adhoc mode) or to your home network?

Status
Not open for further replies.