So long Larimer County SO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Larimer County Sheriff's Office Dispatch. (LCSO Dispatch)

It was an interesting 35 years come to an end.

eyes00only

I'm so disappointed that I can't monitor the demonstrations in downtown Denver safely from my home. In my approximately 45 years years of monitoring Denver I can't even think of a handful of cases where it interfered with operations. I've pretty much given up the hobby but did catch some traffic on the CSP Capital talkgroups the other night.

kq6ea

Premium Subscriber
Fort Collins went encrypted some time back by a one-term Police Chief. We moved here 2-1/2 years ago, and it took me a year to get my scanners unpacked and set up. Then a couple of months wading through all the info to get them programmed.

Then I find out my new home town is encrypted.

If the Sheriff goes encrypted, there's not much left to listen to that could directly impact me. Weather, fire, air ambulances, and not much else.

Before we escaped from Kalifornia, I had to have three digital and three analog scanners running to keep up on things. We were saturated with RF!

You can only listen to the CSP doing drunk driving arrests so many times!

- Jim KQ0EA

eyes00only

CSP going dark would pretty much end my interest in scanning. I'd just have fancy weather radios at that point.
I was really surprised that I monitored a CSP talkgroup that is encrypted. At least I'm 90% sure that TG 2437 is encrypted.
I have always understood encryption of some things like this one but not everything like Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.