So, the BIG 'new Beast' from AOR is finally available

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
~$5000 and it doesn't do P25 Phase II, only Phase I?

• Haha
Reactions: RRR

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
~$5000 and it doesn't do P25 Phase II, only Phase I?

Universal Radio website says it does Phase II.

"traditional analog modes (SSB, CW, AM, SAM, FM) as well as various digital modes including: APCO P-25 (Phase I & II), D-CR, DMR, Mototrbo, dPMR, NXDN, TETRA, Alinco EJ-47 GMSK, D-STAR and Yaesu FUSION"

m

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Universal Radio website says it does Phase II.
Maybe -II got accidentally omitted from the other link?
Given the prevalence of -II, it would be very strange for a radio with that feature set to omit it.

Reactions: RRR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmmm...I didn't think there was any conventional (non trunk) Phase 2 frequencies? Plenty of Phase 1 stuff - especially the Feds - but no Phase II...Mike

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The amount converts to almost $6000 not $5000 which further cements MY decision to leave it alone.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...I didn't think there was any conventional (non trunk) Phase 2 frequencies? Plenty of Phase 1 stuff - especially the Feds - but no Phase II...Mike
That doesn't mean it is not capable of decoding Phase II on a single channel. Yes, to properly follow a talkgroup, trunk tracking is required, but there is nothing that says you can't listen to Phase II without it.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
You are including VAT in your calculations and US doesn't pay VAT... In the ad: £4495.96 (( £3746.63 EXC. VAT ) = $4,966.91 United States Dollars...)
Okay, you got me. My bad. In that case, I'll order one today.....or not.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Well, maybe in this case, two wrongs make a right because I read yours wrong. :)

slicerwizard

That doesn't mean it is not capable of decoding Phase II on a single channel. Yes, to properly follow a talkgroup, trunk tracking is required, but there is nothing that says you can't listen to Phase II without it.
You can't just tune to a Phase II voice channel and start decoding. How would the receiver know what 44 bit scrambling seed to use?

rumcajs_tr

AOR must be crazy to charge this money for a desktop receiver. Even when it has superior receive (we will see), the design and display looks like from late 90s... I would expect something with graphics scope similar to IC-R8600.
I will pass on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.