• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

So what exactly happened to the trunking firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Unication is going to develop and spend time to R&D things that are going to benefit them profit wise. It's doubtful the scanner hobbyist are lucrative.
Well, Unication does seem to be developing a scanner, so they must feel there's some profit to be had. Although they were originally designed as pagers only, the G-series has evolved over the past few years to include features that are more scanner-friendly (hold, lockout, RR import). In reality, those features were probably requested by both fire departments and scanner users alike as they benefit both groups.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
NO we have no NDA.
I can say very recent info from them they are working on the scanner NOW and I was told hardware is ready for scanner and they are working on the software.
When I have more I will post.

To be CLEAR this is a NEW Unication Product a scanner.
Thanks for the bit of info. I have been waiting with cash in hand for this to be ready. The lack of communication from Unication hasn't been very comforting.
There's a fine line between not giving away competitive secrets and keeping the users and potential users interested, engaged and happy. Uniden, Whister and Unication have all been guilty of not doing this recently :(

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
The good thing as we get more info from them on the SCANNER we will post no issue posting at all.
Only update as of late is hardware IS ready and they are working on the software.

Thanks for the bit of info. I have been waiting with cash in hand for this to be ready. The lack of communication from Unication hasn't been very comforting.
There's a fine line between not giving away competitive secrets and keeping the users and potential users interested, engaged and happy. Uniden, Whister and Unication have all been guilty of not doing this recently :(

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
The good thing as we get more info from them on the SCANNER we will post no issue posting at all.
Only update as of late is hardware IS ready and they are working on the software.
Is there currently any idea of a time frame for the release?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I am sorry i just dont know.
Email from them ten days ago said hardware now ready and we are working on software , scanner soon.
This has been in the works since atleast dec 2019 thats when i first knew about it.

Is there currently any idea of a time frame for the release?

Status
Not open for further replies.