So What's Up With the RWC Lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janetball1994

A few days ago, I noticed that I was receiving only Tempe on Sim F on my BCD996XT and BCD536HP -- South Mountain, Thompson and (of course) Sim C were virtually/completely deserted. Sim C has been silent for some time, but at least South Mountain, Sim F and Thompson were active.

Suddenly I'm getting PPD only on Sim A & B, which I don't receive especially well here in Ahwatukee. I can't find Chandler PD anywhere anymore.

Anyone else notice this?

What's up with the RWC sites?

Last edited:

InlandAZ

Premium Subscriber
The CC's for Chandler PD changed to 700 Mhz not too long ago - did you update them in your scanner?

InlandAZ

Premium Subscriber
Okay, both my 106 and 197 have gone silent for Chandler now - anybody got a clue where they've gone. Phase II maybe?

cellphone

Database Admin
The Simulcast C work seems to be complete. Chandler PD is on the same talkgroups, but only carried on Simulcast C and still P25 Phase 1. While there was maintenance occurring on Simulcast C, the talkgroups were also being carried on Simulcast F and South Mountain High site, but this is no longer. Make sure you are scanning Simulcast C.

On a side note, I don't think that the RWC is P25 Phase 2 capable yet. I have not monitored any Phase 2 talkgroups on this system.

Last edited:

InlandAZ

Premium Subscriber
I have all of those sites CC's in the TSYS object, so I guess they're just no talking much these days - I opened up a wildcard, and all I hear is Phoenix PD/FD.

cellphone

Database Admin
It is slow today for Chandler. They are definitely more active in the evenings. I have heard 2Paul15 working an incident requesting fire. This was monitored on Chandler PD B02 Patrol B East (talkgroup 2485) just a few minutes ago.

tjtewes

Premium Subscriber
Chandler PD Silent

It seems that sometime Saturday, 9/27/2014, Chandler PD vanished.

Added all of the Sim C Freqs to my scanner (not just controls/alt) and switched to Search Mode.

I now see a signal, but there is zero traffic.

The guess would be that the talkgroups have not changed but they may have moved to a different site.

T

tjtewes

Premium Subscriber
Chandler PD Silent

I have added the Sim F Control Freqs to Chandler PD without changing any talkgroups, and I am now hearing Partol A and Patrol B as per usual.

A previous post made mention of them using Sim F during a maintenance period. So not sure this is a permanent change or not.

Good Luck...

InlandAZ

Premium Subscriber
Still getting those on simulcast F eh? I guess I'll add them back in, can't hurt. How do you have you multi-site mode set up?

tjtewes

Premium Subscriber
Chandler Sites

All I did was add the control freqs for Sim F
On My BCD 396 in the Chandler PD system.

InlandAZ

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, when I do the same on my 197/106 the additional CC's seem to interfere unless I set my mode to stationary and specify check All CC's in each pass.

I could be full of it, I never was too keen on what GRE's multi-site options did.

tjtewes

Premium Subscriber
Chandler PD Silent

Howdie.

I am not familiar with your equipment.

From what I can tell, Chandler PD is back to operating on Simulcast C.

So give that a try.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.