SoCal Meetup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSDScanner

I love the scanning hobby and I'd love to meet others who enjoy it and talk scanners and radio and stuff or even listen to some radio. The thing is, I can't seem to find anyone else who's interested other than on this website. A friend of mine got me into it but he doesn't really listen much anymore and I got another friend into it but he also doesn't really scan much either.

I live in North County San Diego. Would anyone be interested in a meetup here in SD?

JoeyC

I know exactly how you feel. I don't know a single person into this hobby other than this website. Down here in MidCity. :)

Mike_G_D

I live in Carlsbad and would be interested in meeting some locals who are into this hobby. Problem for me is that I have issues getting around; pretty much a complete "shut-in" now - I won't discuss the reasons openly here. Also severe money issues are plaguing me these days. In any case, the technical side of the hobby is of most interest to me but I also enjoy just basic frequency sleuthing and info exchanges.

I've made a few contacts on here in the past and have contacted a few via email. Also have a ham license and just got a small HT recently - have been inactive for many years and need to reinvolve myself in that realm. Just too many other concerns have been crowding out the radio hobby element.

-Mike

NewSDScanner

I'm trying to think of where we should meet... I'd like to incorporate scanning into it but it's not as easy with this hobby as it is with like guns or golf or something where we could just all go do it. What do you guys think?

JoeyC

There used to be a restaurant practically on the property of Lindbergh field (long since closed) that made a good "scanning" meeting spot, if you were into aviation radio. I met a few guys there years ago and everybody brought their scanners.

davidvel

There used to be a restaurant practically on the property of Lindbergh field (long since closed) that made a good "scanning" meeting spot, if you were into aviation radio. I met a few guys there years ago and everybody brought their scanners.

Joey- It was called "The Windsock" owned by JimsAir and the best place to hang if you liked planes and a good hapy hour. We used to meet up with lots of scanner, radio and aviation enthusiasts there. The highlight was watching the BristishAir 747 land and then take off a few hours later.

I really miss that place.

SCPD

QRT
I know this is a little late

Hi all I would be interested in a meet up I live here in Ramona,I have 1 396xt, 1 pro 93, 1pro 2052,pro 2040,And in my car I have a Bcd 996T,I think it would cool to have a meet up here,Anyhow take care all,Opp's i almost forgot Im a dispatcher on IPN SAN052

SCPD

QRT
Hi all I would be interested in a meet up I live here in Ramona,I have 1 396xt, 1 pro 93, 1pro 2052,pro 2040,And in my car I have a Bcd 996T,I think it would cool to have a meet up here,Anyhow take care all,Opp's i almost forgot Im a dispatcher on IPN SAN052

Well I guess nobody wants too have a get togather or nobody live's here anymore O WELL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.