SoCal - RadioReference Requests Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

We're looking to deploy an audio feed appliance to cover the LA metro area. Specifically, we want to provide LAPD (segmented out using multiple radios) in addition to the surrounding municipally (ICIS etc) communications.

I'm looking for contacts with folks that can provide a superior location for an appliance that has great range into both the Valley and Downtown/South. We are looking to deploy 16+ radios for So Cal… so we would also need access to upload bandwidths that near 512/Kbs.

Suggestions? Thoughts? I'd love to hear from you.

Last edited:

Uplink

Folks,

We're looking to deploy an audio feed appliance to cover the LA metro area. Specifically, we want to provide LAPD (segmented out using multiple radios) in addition to the surrounding municipally (ICIS etc) communications.

I'm looking for contacts with folks that can provide a superior location for an appliance that has great range into both the Valley and Downtown/South. We are looking to deploy 16+ radios for So Cal… so we would also need access to upload bandwidths that near 512/Kbs.

Suggestions? Thoughts? I'd love to hear from you.

This will be awesome once it's complete. A couple issues that comes to mind, is "tracking" events, with such a large system, and the fact that units often switch to simplex on major events. We always hear breaking news, and want to listen in, but if you notice the current feeder of LAPD, there is so much being scanned by one scanner, it's impossible to track a single breaking event, it's just a mixed jumble of transmissions. LA is just too big and busy, and there are too many frequencies. 1 feed scanning "everything" doesn't work too well.

I believe the ultimate would be 4 different locations covering the 4 major divisions of LAPD (Central, West, Valley, South). Terrain may provide difficulties if there is one single location as the area is vast, and the Hollywood Hills essentially splits the city in 2 making matters worse. Example, a receive site in the Valley will not be able to hear simplex/tactical comms down in San Pedro and vice verca. Minimum could be a Valley feeder, and a metro LA feeder? Another issue to consider is the intermod, someone a single site with antennas that are "too" good, or too high could get bombed, due to all the RF we have out here, depending on the quality/type of equipment used for receiving, just something to consider.

Let get together and make this happen, sounds like a great plan.:D

Last edited:

landonjensen

I would be willing to host a feed.. I get very good reception of ICIS when I have a roof antenna installed. I can also feed many Area PDs such as LASO, Monrovia PD, Arcadia PD, Pasadena PD, Alhambra PD, San Gabriel PD, San Marino PD, Sierra Madre PD, West Covina and many others..

Id like to see better LAFD coverage... Also more importantly more LACOFD coverage especially with Blue 8 Dispatch...

Lindsay let me know..

Status
Not open for further replies.