Sochi Olympic 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Am I the only one who thinks it is to dump the NHL pros out of the Olympics? The game was boring. The women's games were so much better.

The men's games are just NHL games with different uniforms. Reminds me of the boring All-Star games.

I've seen more exciting games at the Flyers' Spectrum. Wife and I were in the rocking building when the Flyers won their first Stanley Cup and when the Flyers beat the Soviet Army Team a couple of years later. If earthquake sensors were active, you'd see spikes on the chart.

Highpockets

I've seen more exciting games at the Flyers' Spectrum. Wife and I were in the rocking building when the Flyers won their first Stanley Cup and when the Flyers beat the Soviet Army Team a couple of years later. If earthquake sensors were active, you'd see spikes on the chart.
Yep, that's when hockey was really interesting to watch. The Flyers against the Bruins, you always were on the edge of your seat. Even the Dentist enjoyed the games. :D

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Our seats were in section J, row 17, downstairs. Saw the Flyers attack our end twice. In 1972 our tickets cost $4/each and by 1988, $35. Second-deck fans would chant "1... 2... 3... 4... who the h--- is Bobby Orr?" :) And Esposito was a big guy, making life difficult for Bernie. Good times.

Though we didn't make it to Lake Placid in 1980, I had that same sensation that the ground was moving underfoot in that game.

Still think the Olympics men's hockey would be more exciting without the NHL pros. The women's games with collegiate players were great. Couldn't believe how fast the USA team could skate.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The team that scores the most points. :)

Won't be TeamUSA. 5-0 Finland. Time to get the NHL out of the Olympics. Pfft.

Status
Not open for further replies.