Software authors - chime in here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
We need a wiki that clarifies what software programs are using what versions of the RR Web Service - with the advent of location based scanning, I have been trying to reserach this for quite some time with no luck.

I'd like to make a spreadsheet for the wiki that shows which softwares use what versions of the web service and if the software uses GPS features from the web service.

Software (version) : RR Web Service Version : Location Based Capable

FreeScan (2.08) : v7 : Y

ProScan (4.6)

PSREdit500 (1.93)
PSREdit310 (1.03)
PSREdit300 (1.34)
PSREdit100 (1.11)

Uniden USAD (v?)
Uniden Sentinel 2.0 : vUNK : Y

StarrSoft Win500 (2.04)
StarrSoft Win97 (1.35)
StarrSoft Win96 (1.72)

Butel ARCPatrol (2.0)
Butel ARCXT (1.7)
Butel ARC396 (3.2)
Butel ARC996 (4.0)
Butel ARC15 (4.0)
Butel ARC246 (3.2)
Butel ARC330 (3.2)
Butel ARC250 (1.23)
Butel ARC8 (2.1)
Butel ARC898 (UNK)
Butel ARC780 (UNK)
Butel ARC200 (UNK)
Butel ARC SPORT (UNK)
Butel ARC500 (1.7)
Butel ARC310 (1.1)
Butel ARC300 (UNK)
Butel ARC404 (UNK)
Butel ARC160 (UNK)
Butel ARC137 (UNK)
Butel ARC135 (UNK)

Are there any other programs I missed?

Software authors chime in here and I will create a running spreadsheet for the wiki.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Location Based Scanning/GPS interface is a function of certain Uniden scanners only.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Location Based Scanning/GPS interface is a function of certain Uniden scanners only.

While I became interestedin this because of location based scanning, it only makes sense to address all programs that use the RR Web Service.

(As we learned at APCO in August, there may be other player in the location based scanning market soon.)

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Frank:

ARC96 was the last one at the bottom of my spreadsheet and got cut off - consider it there.

ARC250 is listed.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The Uniden process to create the database for Sentinel and HomePatrol-1 uses SOAP v8 at this time.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
C5, you can eliminate any supporting program for GRE or RS radios (location based scanning is an Uniden innovation); also any radios like the BCT8, 898, 780, etc. Location based scanning is a relatively recent ability, introduced, if memory serves, with the 996 and BCT15. Therefore the list of supporting software programs is very small.

I believe the list would be the 996, BCT15 and all the XT scanners, and Home Patrol. The software would include ARC-XT, ARC996, ARC15, ProScan, FreeScan, (maybe) BCTool, (maybe) Trunkstar Elite and BcProgTool (a tcl/tk implementation for XT radios). And don't forget the Home Patrol 1 - and that's supported, at least in the extreme upgrade, by ARC-Patrol and Uniden's Sentinel (though I admit that the implementation of LBS in Home Patrol is applied very differently).

No need for anything fancy - that list could be added here...

Uniden Scanner GPS Features - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
C5, you can eliminate any supporting program for GRE or RS radios (location based scanning is an Uniden innovation); also any radios like the BCT8, 898, 780, etc. Location based scanning is a relatively recent ability, introduced, if memory serves, with the 996 and BCT15. Therefore the list of supporting software programs is very small.

I believe the list would be the 996, BCT15 and all the XT scanners, and Home Patrol. The software would include ARC-XT, ARC996, ARC15, ProScan, FreeScan, (maybe) BCTool, (maybe) Trunkstar Elite and BcProgTool (a tcl/tk implementation for XT radios). And don't forget the Home Patrol 1 - and that's supported, at least in the extreme upgrade, by ARC-Patrol and Uniden's Sentinel (though I admit that the implementation of LBS in Home Patrol is applied very differently).

No need for anything fancy - that list could be added here...

Uniden Scanner GPS Features - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

Mike, my first thought is sure - I can shorten the list to only GPS capable scanners by Uniden - that will make my life so much easier!

However, see post #3 above in this thread where I replied to similar comment.

While my only interest is those that support GPS scanning (and might be using RR Web Service v8 for its ability to inherit location data in child data fields), there may be other programs that support scanners besides Uniden models that still use the RR Web Service for import of frequency and system data (and might be using RR Web Service v9 that will account for new categorized drop downs of National frequencies.)

Is there a reason we wouldn't have any interest in knowing what versions of the RR Web Service that all programs are using?

If not, I will gladly shorten the list. Let me know your thoughts and we may still need to shorten the list either way.

I may also be able to use your help to get this posted to the wiki. I would create a table there now and make it a living document, but I dont have a clue how to create or edit a new wiki article.

Please help,

mikey60

All current releases of PSREdit500, PSREdit310, PSREdit300, and PSREdit100 all use SOAP version 9 and have support for the Nationwide database information.

Mike

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Still waiting on input from Butel Software. Any other programs out there that need to be included?
Hopefully this can become a living document and programmers will keep us updated as things change.
Is there anyone who could help make this a permenant fixture in the wiki -- I can email the spreadsheet.

Edited: removed image, see below for repost of live document.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyCalifornian

Premium Subscriber
Released versions of TrunkPCR, PCR Pro and PCR Remote currently use SOAP V8 and is not location based capable...
These have support for SOAP V9 already coded, but are awaiting other updates before being released.

Jay

P.S. BUTEL Software is currently undergoing the SOAP V9 upgrade (After he finishes moving into his new place).

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
C5, so as not to detract from the thread, I will send you an email later today on the wiki...keep an eye out for it

best regards..Mike

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Minor additions and changes to the list. We are getting really great feedback - I wonder if the authors will keep us informed as they change.

It would be nice if all the programs did this... but I found one (1) program where an author stated right on the website product page what version of the SOAP Web Service they had upgraded to. Pro96Com stated it was on v7 (not sure if thats still accurate though???)

I just added TrunkPCR, PCR Pro and PCR Remote - thanks for the info. Added BCTool and Trunkstar Elite too. I also added BcProgTool, but it does not use RR Web Service.

spreadsheet.jpg

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
c5corvette, A few days ago, I released ProScan version 4.7 that now uses RR Web Service v9 and can access the Nationwide data.

Status
Not open for further replies.