software downloads into an i-pad?

ab8cq

I don't own a PC but I do have an Apple i-pad. Can I download programming software into it to program my Whistler WS 1065?
Thanks
Mike AB8CQ

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
No, there's no scanner software on the market that runs on ipad. Besides you'd need a proprietary Apple interface cable just to get the scanner physically connected. Invest in a PC, you can pick one up for a fraction of the cost of an ipad.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I'll look around for an inexpensive PC. ( will an old laptop that runs Vista work ? )

Mike AB8CQ
Windows Vista was not a good version. A lot of problems with device drivers not working correctly when using that version. I'd look for something a little newer, such as a Windows 7 machine.

See this thread for a discussion of finding a cheap laptop or other PC. That thread is focused on a PC that can run Uniden's programming, but you still need a Windows based machine for your WS1065.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Have a new Asus Windows 11 computer. Uses an eemc drive rather than a true ssd and lower end processor, but more than enough for even decent video playback use. Cost about $130, 11 inch screen, USB 3, HDMI output and .5 inch thick. It comes with Windows S but can be upgraded to full Windows 11 at no cost.