Software / Driver housekeeping on Win 7 machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfhound89

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a Nooelec Smart SDR. Before I install any drivers or software I had a general question. It is my understanding that for the most part the various SDR applications can coexist on a windows based machine without an conflicts. Is this true?

Also, do you remove the drivers for a previous SDR from the machine when using a new one? My old tried (tired) and true early version RTL-SDRs are just not in the best shape anymore. Too much travel. So, I guess the question do I uninstall their drivers on a Win 7 machine before beginning the install of the Nooelec?

Thanks.

a417

U+0000
You should be able to just replace the devices, make sure any serial numbers are assigned (if necessary), and go with the drivers you have in place. The NooElec Smarts that I just put in replaced some old v1 devices w/o any issues.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
After 40 years of computer experience teaching, repairing, and building. I always delete old drivers and restart a computer before installing a new driver unless the instructions say something else. Same rules for new software unless it is an update and says to install over or with original program.

a417

U+0000
the drivers installed by Zadig will respond to the same enumerated device ID, so there are no new drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.