software for ar3000a

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddtv

I'm new to the software age,I been searching the net for a good software to use,I seem only come up with the scancat gold,also need the cable from usb port to back of the radio.I think I have cable adapator to make it work here.Can someone add some input to weather or not,this is the best software to use for the ar-3000a?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While I don't know about using a USB cable for this rx - it's so old that USB wasn't even around when this radio was new - I can help a little with the software

Go back to the AOR forum and read my response to your query in the new to the AOR3000a message. The wiki page I gave you has several software packages that should work with that old receiver (I've even written a few reviews, altho they aren't specifically for the 3000, the software's capabilities are well laid out). Probably the best software to get - and it even runs under XP, according to a recent MT review - is RadioMax. It will vastly increase the number of available memory channels you can scan, and may even speed it up a bit.

Anything in a message that's in blue is a link. Click on it and you'll be taken there.

In fact, there's a small Yahoo group for the 3000 series receiver that's also on the wiki. You might try there to get your USB question answered. It may well be your best bet is to get an el cheapo old laptop that has a real serial port at a hamfest, but perhaps there's another solution 73s Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.