software for BC895xlt ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
What is a good software for my BC895 xlt ? I have scanpro bc895 and its not really that good. Thanks!

ps also looking for something for my RS pro-2061 is scancat the only software for this scanner?

rharding64

software for bc895xlt

hello there,

besides being a fellow ham, my day job i design remote control applications in windows for test applications.

i am looking at how i can make money on the side using my skill;

>since one of my scanners is the bc895xlt, i will make remote control application for it.

>since i have test equipment that i can write remote control applications for, i would like to make 3rd party control applications for that equipment to enhance the functionality of it for the user. this is so the user (design engineer, test engineer, repair, ect) can focus on the problem at hand.

with that out of my way,

if you could say what features that you want for the bc895xlt, what would they be?

what would it need to do over the scanpro bc895?

have a good day friend

Ron Harding
N7HBR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Steve, Scan Control works pretty well with the 895. Sadly the author chose not to put in a RR web interface so that you can download data from the database, but uses a copy/paste utility instead. Unfortunately no software exists for the 895 that does this, darn it.

And ARC433 works with the 2051, and it does have the RR web interface.

Use our wiki to research this kind of stuff - this kind of information exists on each scanner's page. From the wiki pulldown, select 'Radio Models', then look at the links for 'analog trunktrackers' (that's what you want in this case) or 'digital trunktrackers'. Click on the desired link

73 Mike

Last edited:

rharding64

Question what makes the Ultimate scanner?

thanks for the quick response Mike.

i will look at your material carefully, also over the years on and off the job i have worked on microcontrollers, fpgas and the like.

one resource that i have, you probably have heard of the book by Bill Cheek, 'the ultimate scanner' is helpful.

wouldn't it be cool for a scanner to have a touch screen interface? my fpga evaluation kit has touch screen. radio modules are pretty much self contained these days, unless you design from ground up. i like the pic microcontroller lines; they seem to have a fairly large variety to choose from.

again, thanks for the info mike.

73's mike

Ron, N7HBR

Status
Not open for further replies.