software for downloading frequency updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzajoe

I have a Uniden BCD536HP. local county changed to a new trunk frequency. Is there a software I can use to download updates from radio reference to go straight to scanner. New to this and dont know all the tips and tricks....yet

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums. Start here, the app is called Uniden Sentinel. Sentinel is the only app to use if you need a firmware update. Once you get your feet wet using Sentinel you can check out the third party software apps listed here. I have had great luck with Proscan. 30-day full featured trial version. If you like it after 30 days, $50.00 gets you two activations. Finally I'd highly recommend giving the easy to read manual a read to familiarize yourself with the 536HP and its functions. I've owned two 536HP's for many years, they're a great radio!

Last edited:

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi pizzajoe, I have the Uniden BCD536HP scanner as well. That is a great scanner and you are going to be very pleased with it. I see that you are a Premium Subscriber so you have full access to the Radio Reference databases. You asked:

<snip> local county changed to a new trunk frequency. Is there a software I can use to download updates from radio reference to go straight to scanner. <snip>
Whiskey3JMC (Johnny Mike) answered you and told you about Sentinel and ProScan. I have both and highly recommend both of them. I also have BuTel's ARC536 product. They are worth taking a look at too. ARC536PRO is good and sells for about $70. That is the one I have. He also has ARC536BASIC which sells for about $40.

By now, I guess that you have used Sentinel to download your system(s) into your Uniden BCD536HP scanner. Have you set up your profile and preferred "My Counties" and "My Trunked Systems" on the Radio Reference "My Home Page"? Once you've set up your preferences there, things will start turning YELLOW when there is new information. You then take the changes, eg. a frequency or talkgroup change, and then manually type the change(s) in to the system parameters. Unfortunately, there is no software (yet) that can take changes and automatically add them to your scanner's programming.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers! Dave

dougjgray

In sentinel you can update the db. and find the new system and in the menu if you right click I believe there is a option to append to favorite list. Select your favorite list and it will be added then you can delete the old system

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You'll need to know or at least be conversant with Sentinel for updating the full database and firmware. It is also needed to edit Profiles.

While Sentinel is also used to create and edit Favorites Lists, you can also do this with Proscan and ARC 536 Basic or Pro. With Proscan and ARC, you have direct access to the RR database. That means just as soon as the database is updated, you have access to those updates. With Sentinel you have to wait until Uniden does their data pull from RR, which usually happens over the weekend. That means additions/changes to the database could be delayed by as much as a week.

K4EET

Chaplain
In sentinel you can update the db. and find the new system and in the menu if you right click I believe there is a option to append to favorite list. Select your favorite list and it will be added then you can delete the old system
That is a great way to do it as long as you have not made a lot of changes to the "old" system. You will need to duplicate any changes into the new system if you want to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.