software for uniden 436 and 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for software that mainly displays basic display for these two scanners don't need programming software just want a bigger screen
I took a glance at arc536 and proscan

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for software that mainly displays basic display for these two scanners don't need programming software just want a bigger screen
I took a glance at arc536 and proscan

Proscan will work nicely for that. You can use the web server feature in Proscan and view and control the scanner in a web browser on your computer screen and enlarge it as much as you need.

Check my post here:

I cannot get the display to change size it stays in a 2x2 square no matter what I select under the view setting

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I cannot get the display to change size it stays in a 2x2 square no matter what I select under the view setting

Are you using the Proscan webserver function and viewing the scanner in a web browser as described in my post above?? If you are, hold down the CTRL key and press the + key to enlarge the browser window.

Apparently I didn't understand and now I know what you're saying but where do I go on a web page I need an address I think I started it

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Apparently I didn't understand and now I know what you're saying but where do I go on a web page I need an address I think I started it

The following will work for any web browser on computers or smart phones connected to the same local network that your computer running Proscan is on.

Look on the Proscan "Web Server" tab (the same place where you started the webserver). Click the "Get My IP" button. The address to put in a web browser is shown in the "Local" box just above that button. You need to add the port number that's shown in the upper left of the Proscan web server page to the IP address (the default is port 5000) separated by a colon. The complete address you would put in the web browser's address bar would look something like:

http://192.168.0.3:5000

clicking on that link above will not work for you...... remember to substitute your Local IP address and your port number for that address.

I click the button to start it on Startup in ProScan is there a Proscan web server also I am so confused 16056548408533526906629269446524.jpg

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Click the "Webserver" tab shown in your pic.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I click the button to start it on Startup in ProScan
If you are referring to the Options - Startup tab. That option will start the Web Server when ProScan starts provided the Web Server is already configured.
You will still need to setup the Web Server audio and the Web Server.
1st - Go to the Audio Control - Web Server tab and ensure that an input is selected.
2nd - Go to the Web Server tab (located in the main tabs) and click the Start button.

The ProScan manual addresses the Web Server setup. It's located in the menu Support - Manual
Also on the proscan.org web site, in the lower right corner is a document on setting up the BCD536HP with the Web Server. Just ignore the BCD536HP part.

I got the video to work no sound do you need a audio cable or can the usb connection work
I don't think my laptop has audio in

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I got the video to work no sound do you need a audio cable or can the usb connection work
I don't think my laptop has audio in
An audio cable from the scanner to the computer is necessary to supply audio to Proscan. The USB connection to Proscan does not carry audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.