software help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello just downloaded the free version of win 500version 1.17 from starrsoft in the server address it shows 127.0.0.1 and for the server port it shows 8086 is this right when i press start it shows to check the address and port and will not scan what is the adrress i tries putting in my port # and it still did not work. can someone get me up and running with this. im using windows vista. its alittle confusing thank you

ampulman

I don't use the software, so not familiar with how it works. If I remember correctly, 127.0.0.1 is your computer's 'local host'. Those using the 'host' file to block unwanted sites are familiar with this concept.

Any site pointing to that IP will not be accessable. Somehow, it needs to be removed/changed.

Amp

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
hello just downloaded the free version of win 500version 1.17 from starrsoft in the server address it shows 127.0.0.1 and for the server port it shows 8086 is this right when i press start it shows to check the address and port and will not scan what is the adrress i tries putting in my port # and it still did not work. can someone get me up and running with this. im using windows vista. its alittle confusing thank you
What you are calling the "free" version of Win500, v1.17, is the remote client, primarily intended to be used to allow streaming of your scanner from one pc to another on your own network. An example would be having your scanner connected to a desktop in home office, study, bedroom, wherever, and using the Win500 remote client to stream the audio over your home's wifi network so that you could listen in another room on a second pc. It is not the same software used for programming. That version of Win500 is at v2.06, and while it does have a free trial period, after 30 days there is a $35 registration period.

I believe that you would have to already have Win500 (the programming version of the software) installed and running, before starting the remote client. However, I have not used the remote client, but there are several questions and answers to it within the archived Win500 thread in the Software forum. Search that thread for keyword remote. Also see this thread, also from the Software forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.