Software issue TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
I just got my TRX-1 today. I managed to get the software downloaded, but it will not read or write to the scanner. It looks for the F drive on the computer when the card is installed in the scanner, but if I insert the card in the drive, the scanner gives me the error message that there is no card in the scanner. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I know it has to be something simple. Thanks in advance.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
1. What is your operating system?
2. Is the scanner power turned off?
3. How long are you waiting? Drivers have to be downloaded and installed.
4. If you wait long enough the drive will show up as TRX-1.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 Ezscan

Does not read or write to the scanner - Read or write what? did you even upload information imported from the EZSCAN to the scanner? And the scanner has to be OFF when you plug in the usb to first do all your updates and firmware update. There is a built in delay for some reason where you must wait for the PC to recognize it according to Whistler. And if it's Windows 8 or 10? there is a pain in the *** procedure you need to search RRef forums for that lets your PC recognize the unsigned driver.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Figured it out

I got it going finally. Thanks for the replies. Turned out to be a driver issue. Next question. Is there an easy way to add frequencies to individual scanlists? I apologize for the dumb questions, just trying to get the software figured out.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
On the right side of your frequency list you should see a selection for what scan lists you want to include each individual conventional frequency to. Add each to as many scan lists as you want. :)

Before you go to crazy loading the scanner with stuff, get to know the software for a night. You may find that you can add things to meet your needs better according to how you will adjust things in the software and how the scanlists work.

Paul

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Software Issue TRX-1

Glad you got it going. The driver thing got me when I made the mistake of changing to Windows 10. Now my PC sees it fine thanks to the good people in here who listed how to do it. Adding frequencies or "objects" to Scanlists is done through the IMPORT tab in EZSCAN where the RadioREF database is. Just remember any objects/frequencies will automatically go to the FIRST default scanlist 001 until you tell it otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice if Whistler would work with Butel on software development. It would be really GREAT if I was able to just import my ARC500 file I have for my GRE scanner. Now I get to customize all over again. Yay.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Got another one. Trying to monitor a Mototrbo frequency. Do I have to have that channel set to digital in the scanner list?

SCPD

QRT
moto

You need it set to DMR and digital otherwise it may or may not decode properly.It will default any color any slot ,so if you want to change that you should.

if its set for any then sometimes if the signal is poor and it should have been digital it wont decode and you will hear buzzing.
Also ensure your firmware and DSP is up to date by clicking update all.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again to all who replied. I have it all figured out now. I also had to do the fix for Windows to recognize the driver, so I don't need to keep removing and reinserting the card, and I cold finally do the firmware, CPU, and library updates.

Ubbe

You need it set to DMR and digital otherwise it may or may not decode properly.It will default any color any slot ,so if you want to change that you should.

if its set for any then sometimes if the signal is poor and it should have been digital it wont decode and you will hear buzzing.
Also ensure your firmware and DSP is up to date by clicking update all.

You are probably thinking about Uniden. TRX will always mute audio as soon as you select DMR as the type. So far there is no way to have it automaticly switch between DMR and analog depending of what is received or not.

/Ubbe

SCPD

QRT
dmr

You are probably thinking about Uniden. TRX will always mute audio as soon as you select DMR as the type. So far there is no way to have it automaticly switch between DMR and analog depending of what is received or not.

/Ubbe

Mine does this,if searching it will automatically find DMR and decode it.Firmware is 3.9

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Hello again. Quick question. I created a scan list for ISP, but I don't get anything. I hear them just fine on my PSR500. Do I need to do something with the talk groups, or manually enter the control channels in the software? Thanks.

Ubbe

Mine does this,if searching it will automatically find DMR and decode it.Firmware is 3.9

Yes, in search it works but not on a programmed channel.

I have earlier reported that to Whistler as a bug and also that the zeromatic doesn't work for me in search.
Too bad that you cannot skip DMR control channel frequencies (and the ones 6.25KHz off) while searching.

/Ubbe

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Trying to get Illinois State Police into a scan list. I imported it from the library, and placed the frequencies and the talk groups into a scan list, and I'm getting nothing. I hear them fine on my PSR 500. I also noticed that when they're in a scan list, they're all listed as analog. Am I missing something, or is this a software issue? Everything is up to date on the scanner.

eddie8965

Sounds like u have the analog mx-I,and mx-o loaded in your scanlist...choose Illinois....then systems....then starcom21...there you will find the isp districts for the p25 among other things like ameren...idot...etc

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
You import the IL State Police on Starcom21 by importing the Trunked SYSTEM first in your import library tab at top. Use the "Preferred" setting and always import in this order, SYSTEM, SITE, Talk-groups. Sounds like you just imported frequencies into the "conventional" sheet and failed to get the SYSTEM first. If you don't see your System at first, check "counties/cities and then look in your County for the SYSTEM you want. If any Trunked System control channel frequency is listed individually in the conventional page? the scanner will just sit on that object/frequency cause it IS a control channel. You'll hear nothing. When you do it the right way SYSTEM first? that automatically enters the control channels for you under the "Trunked" tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.