Software package w/ sub to rr

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnmsales

This would be fantastic if RR could get something worked out to allow its members acess to an app that worked like scan cat etc etc or see them have there own software built that worked with the radios.

cnmsales

I love how when suggestions are made the old timers are quick to jump to a defensive stance automatically. Its ok I understand. my SUGGESTION still stands. Just another idea to give more useful items to those that sub.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Actually, Don Starr's software and Butel's Software has Radio Reference web import. My Pro 96 was programmed in this manner.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
cnmsales said:
I love how when suggestions are made the old timers are quick to jump to a defensive stance automatically.
Uncalled for reply, Wayne was correct, web import (the wheel) has been around for some time with both Butel and Don Starr's software.
cnmsales said:
and Its ok I understand. my SUGGESTION still stands. Just another idea to give more useful items to those that sub.
Could be scan cat etc etc ought to get on the already invented wheel...

cnmsales

Maybe my question was misunderstood. I only meant instead of a premium sub having to go out and purchase a software at 30 bucks to program ones scanner it would be neat if RR offered some app to do this free of charge. Or a discount with the software makers. Im just looking for added items to the RR subs. Would seem like a great addition.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I don't think any of us misunderstood your meaning. Your suggestion would drive the subscription price up.

500 bucks for a scanner and worry about 30 for software. How you going to get your suggestion into the scanner without software?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
cnmsales said:
Maybe my question was misunderstood. I only meant instead of a premium sub having to go out and purchase a software at 30 bucks to program ones scanner it would be neat if RR offered some app to do this free of charge. Or a discount with the software makers. Im just looking for added items to the RR subs. Would seem like a great addition.
You have already expressed your opinion elsewhere as to how outrageous you think $7.50 for 90 days of subscription is. So to begin with, your suggestion is observed with that background. Especially since you back that opinion up by not subscribing (at least as of the time of this post.) You don't even bother to respond to Lindsay's question in that thread.

This site's purpose is to provide data, it is not to compete with the software developers out there. The Web Service data sheet and specification is free for download and you are welcome to develop any software you want that utilizes the Web Service. If you develop a working generic download application, I am sure we will be happy to host a copy of it for download for all the members to use.

cnmsales

First off just because I have an opinion on the sub cost of this site doesnt mean my opinion on other things are not valid and dont matter.

Secondly I didnt realize he had asked me a question on that thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
cnmsales said:
I love how when suggestions are made the old timers are quick to jump to a defensive stance automatically. Its ok I understand. my SUGGESTION still stands. Just another idea to give more useful items to those that sub.
Public posts are subject to differing opinions. Sorry, but that's internet life. I did misunderstand your question though, but Lou hit it on the head.

-W

Status
Not open for further replies.