• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

software question

Status
Not open for further replies.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
hey yall i was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction. i currently have 4 different softwares for radio programming. my question is how do i found out exactly what radios can be programmed through them besides the current radios i have. the software i have is waris cps r06.12.09, astro 25 mobile/astro 25 portable r20.01.00, mts2000/mcs2000 r02.03.00, and cps na.r05.18

clbsquared

The Waris CPS is for the Professional Series. HT's, CDM's, etc. The Astro 25 Portable and Mobile is for the XTS and XTL 1500, 2500, 5000's as well as the Astro Spectra Plus models. On some of the CPS it tells you in the "About" option under the "Help" tab.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
waris is for all newer hts and cdms correct and cannot do the ht1000s

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
reopening this. does any one know exactly what radios are programmed with the mcs/mts2000 cps as well as professional cps r06.12.09 and cps r05.18. trying to build a list of what radios i can programming. have few people asking me about doing radios if the purchase

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
reopening this. does any one know exactly what radios are programmed with the mcs/mts2000 cps as well as professional cps r06.12.09 and cps r05.18. trying to build a list of what radios i can programming. have few people asking me about doing radios if the purchase
I am frustrated beyond all words. In an effort to be extra helpful to folks, I have included lists of the radios that are covered by the Professional Series and Commercials series CPS in more than a few of my posts. I have included multiple search tags each time, in hopes that people would at least attempt a search and find these lists. It's a standard that I have included with many of my posts to help folks with these two groups of radios. I even included the most recent cps version since both are now EOL. I keep both lists on my desktop in little wordpad files that are easily loaded and copied into my posts.

Using only three search terms that you included in your post quoted above, I get 21 hits on the Pro Series and 10 hits on the Commercial Series. In both cases, several of them include these lists, including a reply to specifically you on 3/25/2017 on the Commercial Series where you asked the same question. The answer has not changed as the product line was discontinued over a year ago. https://forums.radioreference.com/m...ware.html?highlight=commercial+r05.18+samples

Just so you don't feel that I am not being helpful, here the lists AGAIN:

Search tags: The Commercial Series included:

Portables: CP150 CP200 CP200XLS PR400
Mobiles CM200 CM300 PM400

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.

They are all programmed with RVN4191 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R05.18.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number already on your hard drive. The folder is
in Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search tags: The Professional or Waris
Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.

Last edited:

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
sorry steve after i had posted i ended up realizing that you had previously answered in another post. my main question is really can i do other radios in the mcs/mts2000 software or is it just those 2 radios

cmdrwill

sorry steve after i had posted i ended up realizing that you had previously answered in another post. my main question is really can i do other radios in the mcs/mts2000 software or is it just those 2 radios

As the label on the software seems to state: MTS2000 portable and MCS2000 mobile radio series. There may be some special product radios, MTS/MCS, that may require special software..

So the real answer is NO, just MCS/MTS radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.