Software similar to BCFY dashboard?

jschmall

Premium Subscriber
I’m on the hunt for software (either desktop or a web GUI) that will allow me to monitor several custom streams simultaneously in a similar fashion to the Broadcastify Dashboard.

I have several personal streams and currently use VLC to monitor multiples at once but would love a better solution, if one exists.

Ideas?

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
How do you add manual feeds from other sources to Scanner Live?

For example, not having any luck with any of these other sources and URL syntax...

OPEN MHZ
openmhz.com/system/bacop25
openmhz.com/system/loco?filter-type=talkgroup&filter-code=2844,2845,2846,2847

LIVE ATC
liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kiad1_7&icao=kiad

ALERTPAGE
7117.rdio.alertpagesdr.com

BROADCASTIFY "CALLS"
broadcastify.com/calls/node/547
broadcastify.com/calls/trs/11160
broadcastify.com/calls/tg/11160/3565

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the "Add Manual Feed" seems to require unsecure URL (and https:// is not supported).

Last edited:

rdmcvicar

Premium Subscriber
This was indirectly mentioned, since it's part of what AlertPage uses, but I wanted to specifically mention and recommend it:

Feel free to DM if you need help setting it up. If you want to play before trying to set it up, you can also DM me -- I'm happy to reflect back your own traffic so you can get a feel for it.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
This was indirectly mentioned, since it's part of what AlertPage uses, but I wanted to specifically mention and recommend it:

Feel free to DM if you need help setting it up. If you want to play before trying to set it up, you can also DM me -- I'm happy to reflect back your own traffic so you can get a feel for it.
I sent you DM (twice.)

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
How do you add manual feeds from other sources to Scanner Live?

For example, not having any luck with any of these other sources and URL syntax...

OPEN MHZ
openmhz.com/system/bacop25
openmhz.com/system/loco?filter-type=talkgroup&filter-code=2844,2845,2846,2847

LIVE ATC
liveatc.net/hlisten.php?mount=kiad1_7&icao=kiad

ALERTPAGE
7117.rdio.alertpagesdr.com

BROADCASTIFY "CALLS"
broadcastify.com/calls/node/547
broadcastify.com/calls/trs/11160
broadcastify.com/calls/tg/11160/3565

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the "Add Manual Feed" seems to require unsecure URL (and https:// is not supported).
You don't add any of those. All those scanner apps are for the Icecast feeds that Broadcastify uses, Calls, Rdio, Live atc. openmhz all use a different format that won't connect into them.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
You don't add any of those. All those scanner apps are for the Icecast feeds that Broadcastify uses, Calls, Rdio, Live atc. openmhz all use a different format that won't connect into them.
Not really true. You can scour the Live ATC HTML and get the direct URL of the feed. For the others, you would have to have the Icecast/Shoutcast, etc. audio URL, which, if any of the feed hosts are running ads, they will most likely not give you, since it defeats the purpose of getting you to go to the site to serve ads.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Now I’m making sense of your problem. You would have to have the developer of ScannerLive address it. I was one of the beta testers for ScannerLive and that was a loooong time ago. I’m not even sure if it’s even still supported.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I am in touch with Rob about this update and other updates to what will eventually be his next release pf ScannerLive. Thanks Citywide173!

jschmall

Premium Subscriber

I've briefly looked into rdio-scanner but don't see a way to directly input a remote stream. Something similar to https://my.stream.server/feed1.mp3.

I've looked into the dir watch but don't have that setup with either RTLSDR-Airband or OP25.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I'm willing to pay someone for their time to develop a way for rdio-scanner to directly input multiple remote streams as individual talkgroups. Any developers out there up for the challenge?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I'm willing to pay someone for their time to develop a way for rdio-scanner to directly input multiple remote streams as individual talkgroups. Any developers out there up for the challenge?
Looking at rdio-scanner, I don't think that you're going to be able to do that within the framework of the program. rdio-scanner isn't really a feed player in the way you think of conventional feeds, but more of an mp3 player in that the program that sends the audio/data files does the recording and then sends the recorded audio/data to the rdio-scanner player-it is not a live stream. Each transmission has its own *.mp3 designation, meaning you would have to have the source providing the feed to rdio-scanner send it to you as well, which is not the rdio-scanner audio url.

Knowing the problems that Broadcastify has encountered with the piracy of audio feeds, the Broadcastify Calls platform, which is very similar to the rdio-scanner concept is brilliant. Couple that with their rotating URL technology and it goes a long way to defeat the app developers that are/were stealing the feeds without providing any compensation to Broadcastify to offset the cost loss of not getting the ad impressions on the feed page (Yes, I know they no longer do it) or the potential to put their paid services in front of the listener.

Could it be done? Maybe. As I see it looking at the various rdio-scanner compatible VOX recorders, you would have to get the feed provider to send the feed to the receiving URL of your rdio-scanner instance as well as the one they are currently providing it to, which would require them running an additional VOX recorder program, the API key for your rdio-scanner instance and most likely having to set up an internal audio cable program on their feed computer.

For those feeds that still use the conventional "always on" feed style, I think your best bet is ScannerLive and Rob refining the http/https issue.